Options

Wedding Horrors-link to FM

KA0TVOKA0TVO Registered Users Posts: 164 Major grins
edited June 19, 2006 in Weddings
I wasn't sure where to post this link. Possibly in Field and Street, or Whipping Post, or possibly Nature and Wildlife. This is amazing.
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/412396
Truly the WEDDING FROM HELL! :beatwax :beer :beer :beer
Bob

Comments

• Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited June 19, 2006
    won't let me in-

last time I tried I could not register due to not having the right type of email account-

george
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2006
    Here's the post. I won't copy over the piccies, tho.

Howdy..

I thought it may be fun to hear others horror stories when shooting a wedding. not equipment failures but events during the wedding/formals or reception that well made it a horror.

Here is my story

Well today was one wierd wedding....

It all started at the brides hotel with her getting ready she was running late when I arrived. Things move onward from there and I got a bunch on good shots. The church (St. Marys Academy) had no air conditioning (beware if you shoot there) and it was HOT!!!

The formals went good but then the reception... WOW..... all started out ok until the Dinner.

I knew the caterers (one of my favorite resteraunts and where my wife and I eat lots and are known by first name) the head wator told me prior to my eating (by the way it was buffet style) that the guests were animals they were picking up food like chicken and cabage rolls with their bare hands and either putting them on their plates or returning them to the trays if they decided they did not want them after all or wanted to search for the perfect piece of food. (glad I found this out before eating)

the mother of the bride was beyond and I mean way beyond drunk by the time speaches came around and was yelling yes Yelling at the top of her voice heckeling the presenters...

Then the end...

Oh the end.... I had asked the groom if they had a cake... (the staff at the legion where the recep was had no idea) there was a cake it was put in the legion's fridge...

anywho I found the cake and the cake top there was no staff to put it together so I did. I moved it out into the hall area and set it up nice with some candles and their centre piece / wine glasses and bouquets and such it looked very good. took some pics and such and awaited the groom and bride to cut and smoosh....

well it all went a bit twilight zone from there.... the groom after complimenting me and thanking me for setting up the cake and the nice way it looked ran off to get the cake knife they purchased for this event

while he was gone the bride ran her finger along the side (nothing to alarming... she is diabetic and perhaps was in need of some fast sugar)

OR NOT...

she went over to one of the brides maids and rubbed her finger in the bridesmaids face smearing the cake on it... to wich the BM went over and got some cake on her finger and returned the favor to the bride.. then a groomsman got involved and smeered someone and on and on this went until the bride walked up and sank her whole hand into the cake and came away with a fist full and plastered another bridesmaid and then reloaded...

well this went on and on until there was not much cake left (well there was lots of cake... on the floor on the walls on the windows on the ceeling on the faces of the wedding party including the bride. at some point since there was no cake left red wine in the bottles were substituted as the projectile of choice (not the bottles just the wine contents)

someone with the last fist full of cake plunged their hand down the front of the brides dress ripping is it and filling her cleavage with cake and such as well as causing a SEVERE "wardrobe malfunction that would make Janet Jackson proud" (this party was looking like a rerun of animal house and Wild on only with multiple +++ size people)...

Will probably take me some time to get that image out of my mind... sadly

anyway. well I saw the groom comming baring a sharp object. So I met him half way and took the knife (probably a good thing I did) and basically said you probably will not need that. he turned the corner and all I heard was

"What The F" and what an Fsharp it was....

anywho the bar staff (all 2 of them) closed the bar flicked on the lights told the music man to cut the music and pack up this was over....

well the night ended up like this....

With the groom screaming at everyon involved that they had to clean up the mess NOW...!

The bride and groom's child balling because mommy and daddy are fighting.

Drunk guests cleaning up the mess more like making a worse mess of cake, wine, beer, broken glass and such...

The bride crying in her custom made dress her grandmother made for her all ripped and stained with red wine and cake globs

anyway all in all an interesting night. I escaped un-scathed in all of it happy about that

just goes to show that too much booze is a bad thing...

oh well thought I would share... I will put up a few pics of the fray once I have a look at them.... I promise no wardrobe malfunction pics I would not make any of you fine people suffer the emotional scarring I have tonight.

oh well one day they will look back on this and laugh (if they live through the night)
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    edited June 19, 2006
    And a final note.

I can see the hall sueing over this... by the end of the night the carpet was stained with red wine, beer, food, cake, broken bottles and glasses and who knows what else. the bartender told me after that they had an event planned their for sunday morning and another event for sunday evening that they would have to cancel and refund the cash for as well as the lost reputation...

I wonder if I will get a call from the hall's lawyer wanting pics... how much should I charge just kidding. Like I said I was not hit in the frey and took cover when the liquid started to fly

By the way I found out from one of the BM's that the bride drank in excess of 20 glasses of beer and 2 bottles of wine (out of the bottle) who needs a glass...

I should get danger pay...
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
  • Options
    edited June 19, 2006
    20 beers and 2 bottles of wine?

Drinking is bad. :uhoh
    Sid.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited June 19, 2006
    wow

thanks for posting that, sid-

almost as good as pics-
  • Options
    dancinkatedancinkate Registered Users Posts: 267 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2006
    OMG I hope I NEVER run into a wedding like that!

(but fear that I will eventually :uhoh )
  • Options
    USAIRUSAIR Registered Users Posts: 2,646 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2006
    rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif
    I never shot a wedding
    But attended a bad one once...the bride punched out one of the guest(female)
    I must say you win...mine wasn't that bad I don't think ne_nau.gif

Fred
  • Options
    KA0TVOKA0TVO Registered Users Posts: 164 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2006
    Wasn't my wedding, thank goodness. Man, never mix beer and wine rolleyes1.gif
    Bob