Options

FS: Canon 24-105 f/4 IS Lens

windozewindoze Registered Users Posts: 2,830 Major grins
edited June 20, 2006 in Flea Market
Mint Condition, Includes box, lens hood, manual etc.

Key Features
•Image Stabilizer
Ideal for handheld work, IS Image Stabilizer allows use of shutter speeds up to 3-stops slower with no perceptible increase in image blur.

•Fixed Aperture
With no change in aperture over the full focal length range, photographers can set exposure at the widest aperture and zoom through to 105mm without slowing shutter speed.

•Super UD and Aspherical Lens Elements
Constructed with one Super-UD glass element and three aspherical lenses, this lens minimizes chromatic aberration and distortion. The result is excellent picture quality, even at wide apertures.

•Ring USM
Ring USM (Ultrasonic motor) uses ultrasonic frequency vibrations to drive responsive, near-silent high speed auto focus. Good holding torque stops the focusing lens group with precision without overshoot. Full time manual focus override is available without having to switch out of AF.

•Super Spectra Coatings
Optimized Super Spectra lens coatings and lens element shaping suppress flare and ghosting - more prone to occur with digital cameras due to reflection off the image sensor. Coatings also help achieve true color balance and increase contrast for vivid hi-fidelity images.
The Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM lens is an easy-to-use standard zoom lens that can cover a large zoom area ranging from 24mm wide-angle to 105mm portrait-length telephoto.

The EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM incorporates Canon's highest standards of precision optics. The L-series is Canon's flagship professional lens range, combining outstanding image performance and ultimate operability with dust and moisture resistant construction.

Canon's ring-type USM gives silent but quick AF, along with full-time manual focus. Moreover, with dust- and moisture-resistant construction, this is a durable yet sophisticated lens that meets the demands of advanced amateur photographers and professional photographers alike.

Price includes FREE SHIPPING.
SAVE Tax and Shipping!!!!

$1025.00

PM if interested

Comments

• Options
    canonconvertcanonconvert Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited June 14, 2006
    Do you accept Paypal? This lens is so tempting!
  • Options
    edited June 14, 2006
    Do you accept Paypal? This lens is so tempting!

i would accept paypal. Paypal would charge (ME) around $30.00 for the transaction, I would split the fees...

troy
  • Options
    photobugphotobug Registered Users Posts: 633 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2006
    Just go for it :-)
    This is a great lens, $1025 is a good price (best new price I see is $1166 at Amazon, so this is $140 less), and Windoze has a sterling reputation as a seller here on DGrin . So if you're tempted, just go for it!

I have a 24-105, and the only downside of this lens I've found is that the supplied hood untwists and falls off more easily than hoods on other lenses (I lost a hood in a crowded location that way :cry , and couldn't find it). I found out the hard way that Canon is extremely ($60+!) proud of that particular piece of plastic (hood). I like the lens, but I'm getting a "cap-keeper" to attach to the hood so I don't lose another one!

= Dave
    Canon EOS 7D ........ 24-105 f/4L | 50 f/1.4 | 70-200 f/2.8L IS + 1.4x II TC ........ 580EX
    Supported by: Benro C-298 Flexpod tripod, MC96 monopod, Induro PHQ1 head
    Also play with: studio strobes, umbrellas, softboxes, ...and a partridge in a pear tree...

• Options
    DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2006
    Troy, is this still for sale? I'm tempted to consider shuffling my lenses.

The lens I use most often is the Tamron 28-75 f2.8, would you consider this lens to be a replacement for the Tamron? Even though it's f/4, it has IS...
  • Options
    edited June 17, 2006
    DJ-S1 wrote:
    Troy, is this still for sale? I'm tempted to consider shuffling my lenses.

The lens I use most often is the Tamron 28-75 f2.8, would you consider this lens to be a replacement for the Tamron? Even though it's f/4, it has IS...

The lens is still available. it has a lot of interest. i promised someone i wouldnt sell it for at least two weeks (7/1/06) - im way too nice!
    If the lens isnt sold by 7/1/06 - il lower the price by another $50.00

I CANT COMMENT ON THE TAMRON.
    AND THIS LENS IM SELLING - IS BRAND NEW - I NEVER USED IT!!!!!

TROY
  • Options
    silicasilica Registered Users Posts: 89 Big grins
    edited June 17, 2006
    windoze wrote:
    The lens is still available...i promised someone i wouldnt sell it for at least two weeks (7/1/06)...If the lens isnt sold by 7/1/06
    TROY

These statements contradict themselves. Between now and 7/1/06, is the lens actually for sale?
  • Options
    edited June 17, 2006
    silica wrote:
    These statements contradict themselves. Between now and 7/1/06, is the lens actually for sale?
    the statements are perfectly fine, somebody wanted it. asked me if id wait till july 1 - thought he might be getting a check. i dont mind waiting and if he doesnt come up with the $$ thats ok also - im in no rush to sell this lens.

so is the lens for sale yes? i have a list of names (2 currently)...

troy
  • Options
    PixiePixie Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited June 20, 2006
    Very interested
    I will buy if the other person doesn't by 7/1. Just let me know what your payment prefrence is.

Thanks!

windoze wrote:
    Mint Condition, Includes box, lens hood, manual etc.

Key Features
    •Image Stabilizer
    Ideal for handheld work, IS Image Stabilizer allows use of shutter speeds up to 3-stops slower with no perceptible increase in image blur.

•Fixed Aperture
    With no change in aperture over the full focal length range, photographers can set exposure at the widest aperture and zoom through to 105mm without slowing shutter speed.

•Super UD and Aspherical Lens Elements
    Constructed with one Super-UD glass element and three aspherical lenses, this lens minimizes chromatic aberration and distortion. The result is excellent picture quality, even at wide apertures.

•Ring USM
    Ring USM (Ultrasonic motor) uses ultrasonic frequency vibrations to drive responsive, near-silent high speed auto focus. Good holding torque stops the focusing lens group with precision without overshoot. Full time manual focus override is available without having to switch out of AF.

•Super Spectra Coatings
    Optimized Super Spectra lens coatings and lens element shaping suppress flare and ghosting - more prone to occur with digital cameras due to reflection off the image sensor. Coatings also help achieve true color balance and increase contrast for vivid hi-fidelity images.
    The Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM lens is an easy-to-use standard zoom lens that can cover a large zoom area ranging from 24mm wide-angle to 105mm portrait-length telephoto.

The EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM incorporates Canon's highest standards of precision optics. The L-series is Canon's flagship professional lens range, combining outstanding image performance and ultimate operability with dust and moisture resistant construction.

Canon's ring-type USM gives silent but quick AF, along with full-time manual focus. Moreover, with dust- and moisture-resistant construction, this is a durable yet sophisticated lens that meets the demands of advanced amateur photographers and professional photographers alike.

Price includes FREE SHIPPING.
    SAVE Tax and Shipping!!!!

$1025.00

PM if interested