Options

Rent a topic

Dick on ArubaDick on Aruba Registered Users Posts: 3,484 Major grins
edited June 21, 2006 in Mind Your Own Business
Do you think that it is “common” or profitable to create series of 12 to 20 pictures of a certain subject / topic, frame them and rent this to establishments for a period of time?

I’m thinking about restaurants, libraries, banks / offices and more of those kinds of places.

If not common; What do you think of the idea?

Dick.
"Nothing sharpens sight like envy."
Thomas Fuller.

SmugMug account.
Website.

Comments

• Options
    JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2006
    I think this is an interesting concept. I have no idea if it is common. Might not be a rental, but to create the images and share them with the business for a while if you can but a card and price on them for a reprint sale.
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • Options
    edited June 21, 2006
    JimM wrote:
    I think this is an interesting concept. I have no idea if it is common. Might not be a rental, but to create the images and share them with the business for a while if you can but a card and price on them for a reprint sale.

Thanks Jim.

I think it's a nice concept to have every 3 or 6 months another topic pointed out in your establishment to keep things alive. Banks for instance have a lot of people comming in and frequently the same people. Today the topic is, for example "Souvenir shops", the next time the topic is "Construction sites".

Dick.
    Thomas Fuller.

SmugMug account.
    Website.
  • Options
    dragon300zxdragon300zx Registered Users Posts: 2,575 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2006
    Thanks Jim.

I think it's a nice concept to have every 3 or 6 months another topic pointed out in your establishment to keep things alive. Banks for instance have a lot of people comming in and frequently the same people. Today the topic is, for example "Souvenir shops", the next time the topic is "Construction sites".

Dick.

I know alot of doctors in my area buy photos for their walls from artists who come around with a van full of them umph.gif. But honestly I almost think I should approach him with your idea about some of my photos instead. I mean I can only look at the same faded out photo of twigs so many times before I loose it.
    Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Do Not Have Film.
    www.zxstudios.com
    http://creativedragonstudios.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited June 21, 2006
    Thanks Dragon.
    Thomas Fuller.

SmugMug account.
    Website.