Original Image (pro accounts)

arjunrcarjunrc Registered Users Posts: 159 Major grins
edited October 30, 2004 in SmugMug Support
Hello All,
I don't yet own a smugmug pro account, but am seriously considering one. I was hoping I could still post in this group to get my 'research' on smugmug done.

I'm sorry if this has been covered before - its a little overwhelming to read through everything - though Ive been reading quite a bit of late. The question is specific to uploading original size images.

Here is the question: It is possible to display my images in a frame (I create my own frames in photoshops) but when a user clicks on buy, he gets a print without the frame ? In other words, can the original image be uploaded without the frame while the other sizes have frames around them ? I assume that since smugmug has unlimited disk-space in pro accounts, it does not matter if images of different sizes are uploaded individually from a space limit perspective.

Thanks
arjun

Comments

• NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2004
    Arjun,

Since no one has answered your question yet, I'm going to try - unofficially - as a fellow smugmug pro user. Simple answer is no - the feature you are asking about doesn't exist as far as I know. You could perhaps work around it by uploading two versions of each image, one framed, the other without. Let your buyers pick whichever they prefer. ne_nau.gif

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts
  • gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2004
    I think Nir is right,

Some great pictures on your site too!
  • NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2004
    Arjun,

Just had a tour of your site - great work!

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2004
    welcome, arjun wave.gif

nice to have you aboard here :D

for now - the answer is no. but i have brought this up so many times to baldy at smugmug that if isn't done soon .... well .... you get the picture :D they are really good about user requests and feature adds .. they're constantly improving the system based on user input like yours.

hang in there, and believe me, i want the same thing.

please, stick around, contribute, and become part of this great photographic community. oh - and i request that you immediatly share some of your fine work in the "shots" forum. deal.gif
  • arjunrcarjunrc Registered Users Posts: 159 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2004
    Nir, Gubbs, Andy
    Thanks a lot for your kind words on my gallery and response to my question.

Andy:
    andy wrote:
    welcome, arjun wave.gif
    nice to have you aboard here :D

Thanks for the warm welcome. I guess it was a matter of time before my needs exceeded my current host's offerings.
    andy wrote:
    picture :D they are really good about user requests and feature adds .. they're constantly improving the system based on user input like yours.

I agree - the customer support on private emails have been amazing, even though I haven't bought an account yet. That speaks volumes.
    andy wrote:
    please, stick around, contribute, and become part of this great photographic community. oh - and i request that you immediatly share some of your fine work in the "shots" forum.

Thanks, will do. I have not seen that forum yet - will scroll though it today

regds
    arjun
  • BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited October 30, 2004
    arjunrc wrote:
    I was hoping I could still post in this group to get my 'research' on smugmug done.
    Yes, you can post here even if you pick a different site than smugmug to host your photos. :D One of our moderators, Shay Stephens, built his own site.

tilpano.jpg

The request to have multiple copies of photos is pretty common, and we'd do it quickly if it were easy... Being hard, we can knock off a lot of other requests quickly in the time it would take us to do that.

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you.

Thanks,
    Baldy
  • arjunrcarjunrc Registered Users Posts: 159 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2004
    Yes, you can post here even if you pick a different site than smugmug to host your photos. icon10.gif One of our moderators, Shay Stephens, built his own site.
    Thanks for the clarification
    The request to have multiple copies of photos is pretty common, and we'd do it quickly if it were easy... Being hard, we can knock off a lot of other requests quickly in the time it would take us to do that.
    Sorry I don't have a better answer for you.
    Sounds fair. Thanks for the response

regds
    arjun