Options

Night Sky...

DVDRDVDR Registered Users Posts: 124 Major grins
edited October 31, 2004 in Wildlife
Early fall night at Northgate HS football game. Editing really brought out the colors....too much? maybe...let me know.:scratch

Comments

• Options
    Head in the CloudsHead in the Clouds Registered Users Posts: 376 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2004
    DVDR wrote:
    Early fall night at Northgate HS football game. Editing really brought out the colors....too much? maybe...let me know.headscratch.gif
    Might have been nicer without the lights? or with them in full?
    Nice colours in the sky though - not too much. :D

Canon EOS 30D
    Sigma 10-20
    Canon 75-300 f4-5.6
    Canon 18-55
    Canon 50 f1.8
    Canon 430EX
  • Options
    edited October 22, 2004
    AussieKate wrote:
    Might have been nicer without the lights? or with them in full?
    Nice colours in the sky though - not too much. :D
    Thought about cropping them out...but then there would have been no reference point....maybe could have centered...but the lights make the pic I think. Thanks for the feedback.
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2004
    I too like the sky colors. Not too much at all. I also agree with Kate about the lights - something about them isn't working. Not a bad idea, maybe a different execution would would make a difference?
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2004
    Good work DVDR thumb.gif

I like the color of the sky. Nice work with the border of the image to.

I think the image would be a lot stronger if the grouping of lights was completly in the frame.
  • Options
    edited October 27, 2004
    cletus wrote:
    Good work DVDR thumb.gif

I like the color of the sky. Nice work with the border of the image to.

I think the image would be a lot stronger if the grouping of lights was completly in the frame.
    Thanks for the framing comment...If I get the chance I will try centering...thanks
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2004
    Actually, I like it the way it is, just wanted you to know that.

ginger

Is that for Autumn, that is a very good shot for fall, it is how I experienced it a lot of the time my kids were growing up in a small town in Indiana. Friday night at the football game, big deal! And quite an Autumn thing.

I don't know what the sky looked like before post, but it looks great now, for fall especially. And as a juxtaposition to what one normally thinks is the mood for a football game, or any sport for that matter. So I really like the sky with the lights.
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    edited October 27, 2004
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Actually, I like it the way it is, just wanted you to know that.

ginger

Is that for Autumn, that is a very good shot for fall, it is how I experienced it a lot of the time my kids were growing up in a small town in Indiana. Friday night at the football game, big deal! And quite an Autumn thing.

I don't know what the sky looked like before post, but it looks great now, for fall especially. And as a juxtaposition to what one normally thinks is the mood for a football game, or any sport for that matter. So I really like the sky with the lights.
    Thanks for the positive feedback. There is nothing like high school football, such a big deal here in Western Pennsylvania, too.
    The origianl picture was no big deal, just trying to get the lights and the sky. Then while using the "auto improve" the colors really came as a nice surprise.
  • Options
    howardphotoshowardphotos Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited October 31, 2004
    DVDR wrote:
    Early fall night at Northgate HS football game. Editing really brought out the colors....too much? maybe...let me know.headscratch.gif
    I like the photo...when smugmug maintenance is done, watch my site under portfolio...I have a gallery called "Friday Night Art?" I take pictures for two teams in our county. If I see the shot, football or not, I take it. I got the whole stadium light thing...you may have to be a sports photo person to get it.