Options

Youth Football

mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
edited October 31, 2004 in Sports
I've never done stick-and-ball sports, and it has a much different feel than the motorsports I've done. My neighbor wanted pics of his 7th grader during football.

8279564-M.jpg

8279599-M.jpg

8283545-M.jpg

8283827-M.jpg
Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
A former sports shooter
Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu

Comments

• Options
    cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2004
    mercphoto wrote:
    I've never done stick-and-ball sports, and it has a much different feel than the motorsports I've done. My neighbor wanted pics of his 7th grader during football.
    You can see my first attempt at youth sports here.

I do not have a lot of experience with youth sports but I do have a suggestion or a pair of suggestions... That is that you either zoom in for a tighter shot or zoom out to get entire body or bodies.

Thus this can either zoom out so we see the feet
    8279599-S.jpg

Or zoom in for something like:
    Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
    Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
    Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph
  • Options
    howardphotoshowardphotos Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited October 31, 2004
    mercphoto wrote:
    This is my third season at high school football. I shoot candids and actions shots. Before I went digital I burned ALOT of film (my first season 40 roles of varsity and 28 of Jr Varsity). You have to learn the game and listen on the sidelines. Some teams limit photographers to outside the 30 yard lines, so shots would be limited. I have free run of the sidelines and I can listen to the coaches and the players talking.

I get pretty lucky sometimes. I would be dangerous if I knew how my camera really worked. Have fun, and good luck. When the smugmug maintenance is over, send me an email for the passwords.

When I grow up, I wanna try motorsports.
  • Options
    howardphotoshowardphotos Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited October 31, 2004
    cmr164 wrote:
    You can see my first attempt at youth sports here.

I do not have a lot of experience with youth sports but I do have a suggestion or a pair of suggestions... That is that you either zoom in for a tighter shot or zoom out to get entire body or bodies.

Thus this can either zoom out so we see the feet

Or zoom in for something like:
    I love that shot! At that age their eyes are closed alot (we call it bobblehead football at our house). Football and Baseball are pretty cool. There's nothing like a ball in motion or clay flying at home plate. The expression on his little face is cool. I shoot my husbands football team and my son's girlfriend's softball games. I take alot of pictures, I delete alot too. I'll be dangerous when I figure out how to really use my camera!