Any preference on who to use for printing out pictures. And, am I a pro now?

52Caddy52Caddy Registered Users Posts: 170 Major grins
edited October 31, 2004 in Technique
I don't have a printer that is photo quality, and the only place I've used is Pro-Ex.
I had a few 4"x6" prints and one 6"x8" shot of the moon that printed out quite well.
I thought the prints looked real nice, but I have nothing to compare them to. I want to print our a couple shots and give as gifts so I'd like them to look the best possible.
Any thoughts or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
As for being a pro; haha, but I do have a shot in an actual print magazine now! My wife was featured in the latest issue of "Real Magazine" for her volunteering. They used the shot I took of her in our backyard. The article in on page 46 if you happen to see it at your local bookstore.
Of course, I didn't even get a mention... Oh well!
Thanks,
Eric

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2004
    52Caddy wrote:
    I don't have a printer that is photo quality, and the only place I've used is Pro-Ex.
    I had a few 4"x6" prints and one 6"x8" shot of the moon that printed out quite well.
    I thought the prints looked real nice, but I have nothing to compare them to. I want to print our a couple shots and give as gifts so I'd like them to look the best possible.
    Any thoughts or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    As for being a pro; haha, but I do have a shot in an actual print magazine now! My wife was featured in the latest issue of "Real Magazine" for her volunteering. They used the shot I took of her in our backyard. The article in on page 46 if you happen to see it at your local bookstore.
    Of course, I didn't even get a mention... Oh well!
    Thanks,
    Eric

congrats on the magazine :)

how about smugmug for your printing? thumb.gif
  • 52Caddy52Caddy Registered Users Posts: 170 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2004
    I didn't even think of that.
    How long do the prints usually take to show up?
    Also, is there going to be much of a difference printing out the .JPG's vs TIFF's? All the prints I've done at the other place were TIFF's.
    Thanks for the info!
    Eric
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2004
    52Caddy wrote:
    I didn't even think of that.
    How long do the prints usually take to show up?
    Also, is there going to be much of a difference printing out the .JPG's vs TIFF's? All the prints I've done at the other place were TIFF's.
    Thanks for the info!
    Eric

you can have them in a couple of days, if you want to pay for overnight. regular u.s. mail has always arrived in 3 days for me....

prints from jpgs will be great, trust me :)