Options

Damn, this is the best forum out there

retroretro Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
edited June 29, 2006 in Dgrin Forum Support
Dgrin rocks, the only site i've come across where there are no nikon-canon flame wars and pixel peepers are in minority, everything is centered around the pictures/art just as it should be.
Just felt a urgent need to say this after browsing a couple of other forums..:wink
:clap :thumb

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2006
    retro wrote:
    Dgrin rocks, the only site i've come across where there are no nikon-canon flame wars and pixel peepers are in minority, everything is centered around the pictures/art just as it should be.
    Just felt a urgent need to say this after browsing a couple of other forums..mwink.gif
    clap.gifthumb.gif
    Great to hear it!
    Tell all your friends :D

We've discussed N vs. C, but it's all in a bit of Jest thumb.gif
    http://dgrin.smugmug.com/gallery/1134620 naughty.gif
  • Options
    retroretro Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2006
    Andy wrote:

lol, i know, one of my favourite threads..rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2006
    retro wrote:
    Just felt a urgent need to say this after browsing a couple of other forums..mwink.gif
    clap.gifthumb.gif
    thumb.gif Cool!

Having to share the same site with Harry gets to be a bit much at times. Although that's mostly because of the selection of lunch meats he carries around in his mustache.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    http://dgrin.smugmug.com/gallery/1134620 naughty.gif

ne_nau.gifheadscratch.gif :confused

Now he tells me! I thought we were being serious. :rambo

wxwax wrote:
    thumb.gif Cool!

Having to share the same site with Harry gets to be a bit much at times. Although that's mostly because of the selection of lunch meats he carries around in his mustache.

:pissed OK buddy, the next time you want some luncheon meat you're on your own. :eat
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2006
    That's fantastic. It's great to hear that we're actually accomplishing what we've set out to do. And even more than that, what we're doing is filling a need out there. Yes, equipment is important, but it's not so much *what* you're shooting with, but *what* you're shooting...
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    rosselliotrosselliot Registered Users Posts: 702 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2006
    I COULD AGREE MORE!!!!!!!!!!!! 15524779-Ti.gif that's so weird that this would be posted the NIGHT that came to this realization too! I started joining other forums and realizing that they were not NEAR as good as dgrin and I kinda missed it and was thinking....I'm wasting my time here when I COULD be on dgrin! it seems that DGRIN has accumulated THE BEST thumb.gifpeople with THE BEST tastes and AMAZING TALENT! clap.gif DGRIN = AWESOME!

- RE
    www.rossfrazier.com
    www.rossfrazier.com/blog

My Equipment:
    Canon EOS 5D w/ battery grip
    Backup Canon EOS 30D | Canon 28 f/1.8 | Canon 24 f/1.4L Canon 50mm f/1.4 | Sigma 50mm f/2.8 EX DI Macro | Canon 70-200 F/2.8 L | Canon 580 EX II Flash and Canon 550 EX Flash
    Apple MacBook Pro with dual 24" monitors
    Domke F-802 bag and a Shootsac by Jessica Claire
    Infiniti QX4
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,189 moderator
    edited June 27, 2006
    Hi retro wave.gif
    retro wrote:
    Dgrin rocks

Yes it does. drums.gifDJ.gif

retro wrote:
    ...the only site i've come across where there are no nikon-canon flame wars...

As Andy already mentioned, the Canon/Nikon stuff does happen, but we humor them into admitting that its all about the pictures, as it should be.

But it's those Pentax people we won't have any part of. rolleyes1.gif
    (just kidding)
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    digitalpinsdigitalpins Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2006
    15524779-Ti.gif also....... like mentioned above no wars here, may have a few topics off photos but thats about it no angry people here. Such an awesome forum, I am a member with a few other forums's and lots of wars there or peps taking photos or challenges to serious.

Everyone here is helpful also, no asking a question and getting flamed here

Keep up the great workclap.gif
    www.lamontphotography.com
    Canon 60D
    Canon Rebel XTi (400)
    Canon 10-22mm, Canon 50mm f/1.8 II
    MacBook, MacPro
  • Options
    John MuellerJohn Mueller Registered Users Posts: 2,555 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2006
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2006
    I got my camera back today!!!! I can't say enough for this forum!

Thanks to all!

War if you want, I am just grateful for all the nice people here and the help with my camera!!!!

Now how many actuations a day? How does one find an actuation count?

Just thanks.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    gtcgtc Registered Users Posts: 916 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2006
    actuations
    ginger set your camera file numbering to continuous and this will help you keep track of actuations...for an amateur 2500 shots per year would be plenty,especially if more than half were keepers.

i would be over the moon with 50 sellers a year...

i still am amazed that you could shoot 90,000 in two or three years...

one good thing is that you have established a reasonable lifespan for the 20d shutter-its quite a lot for a non- pro camera especailly as the higherend ones only gurantee 100,000...so thanks for being the test driver.

i agree with the poster that this is a good forum-generally well behaved and informative
    Latitude: 37° 52'South
    Longitude: 145° 08'East

Canon 20d,EFS-60mm Macro,Canon 85mm/1.8. Pentax Spotmatic SP,Pentax Super Takumars 50/1.4 &135/3.5,Pentax Super-Multi-Coated Takumars 200/4 ,300/4,400/5.6,Sigma 600/8.
  • Options
    DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2006
    Glad your camera is back
    When my camera had to go in for repair, I had to take back the one I handed down to my daughter. Just couldn't be without my camera.

She doesn't take photos the way I do. I was at the beach and some idiot decided to dump a bunch of household wood, probably from a construction job. He and his buddy proceeded to pour gasoline on the wood and start a fire. It was on an old path to the beach, but really close to the sidewalk. I took 107 pictures, including one movie.

I can't keep track of my "actuations" but when my grandson was younger I must have taken nearly 100 photos a visit. I know I'm rolling on either 30,000 or 40,000 photos. I just heard my mom will buy me a new camera for my birthday in October... so I'm happy!

Anyway, I know you must be glad to have your camera back... hope it lasts a lot longer for you this time.