Options

canon's 35mm f/1.4L

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited November 1, 2004 in Cameras
i promised a mini-review, so here goes.

hubba hubba :lust :lust :lust :lust

there, that about sums up my feelings :lol3

for those of you who want more:

color, contrast, saturation, sharpness, superb! bokeh - dreamy, as expected and proven over and over again by many folks. the lens feels great on my 20d, i really wanted something that resembled a 50mm in the old world of 35mm film, and this comes really really close on a 1.6x body. the focus is faaaaaaaaaaast and quiet. the feel / build is typical canon-L - rock solid and buttery smooth. you can focus this thing in on a wall in the dark - not kidding!

here are some examples (the 100% crops are unaltered in any way, just converted to jpg from the original raw file):

10382334-L.jpg

and a 100% crop from the image:
10381910-O.jpg

10258283-L.jpg

and a 100% crop from the image:
10381909-O.jpg

it's expensive, but as my wife says about her $250 hair-dos, "i'm worth it" :D

Comments

• Options
    cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2004
    andy wrote:
    i promised a mini-review, so here goes.

hubba hubba iloveyou.gifiloveyou.gifiloveyou.gifiloveyou.gif

there, that about sums up my feelings lol3.gif

for those of you who want more:

color, contrast, saturation, sharpness, superb! bokeh - dreamy, as expected and proven over and over again by many folks. the lens feels great on my 20d, i really wanted something that resembled a 50mm in the old world of 35mm film, and this comes really really close on a 1.6x body. the focus is faaaaaaaaaaast and quiet. the feel / build is typical canon-L - rock solid and buttery smooth. you can focus this thing in on a wall in the dark - not kidding!

here are some examples (the 100% crops are unaltered in any way, just converted to jpg from the original raw file):

it's expensive, but as my wife says about her $250 hair-dos, "i'm worth it" :D
    Very nice indeed. Now if a certain new owner of *my* 85 f1.2L would post some shots thumb.gif
    Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
    Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
    Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph
  • Options
    XneyXney Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited October 28, 2004
    *drool*
    papa like

-karl
  • Options
    Ben:::DBen:::D Registered Users Posts: 76 Big grins
    edited November 1, 2004
    WOW. Nothing like getting below f2.0 with "L" glass--TACK SHARP!! Gorgeous!! Man, now you've got me pricing them!

clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
  • Options
    leebaseleebase Registered Users Posts: 630 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2004
    Looks great. A little rich for my blood. I might get the 35 f/2 though. Right now my 85mm f1.8 is my portrait lens, but it's so long indoors.

I have the plastic fantastic 50mm f1.8 -- and am considering the 1.2

But after seeing your pict, I might go for the 35 f/2 instead.

I'm just not yet at the point of ponying up $1,000 for L primes.

Lee