Options

Working on making my first sale

Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
edited June 30, 2006 in Mind Your Own Business
I've sold prints, and those are real sales, but if it goes through this is my first non-smugmug sale of a photo for advertising purposes :clap

$200-$250 for a 2"x2" image to go in the Seattle Times for a company building a condo overlooking lake union in Seattle. Hopefully that sounds somewhat fair :dunno They're in the 4th of July spirit and they came across my Lake Union fireworks gallery. Apparently they're going for a "how would you like to have front row seats to the fireworks over lake union" kind of approach.

Sweet!
Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/

Comments

• Options
    Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2006
    Sweet!!! :D
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
  • Options
    USAIRUSAIR Registered Users Posts: 2,646 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2006
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2006
    Congrats, mate!
    Nice work! Happy for you!
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2006
    bah! I knew I should have waited to post this. The pictures were taken from the wrong direction lol3.gif Oh well. The good news is that now I've got ins with a design agency that really likes my photography. So there's a silver lining for sure :D
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
  • Options
    JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2006
    Hey, you got noticed... that is a start!
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • Options
    NanditaNandita Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited June 30, 2006
    Mike,

Those are amazing pictures! I don't understand what better vantage point they want. headscratch.gif

Could you take them from the "right" direction next week? The 4th is only a few days away. You take amazing photos and I know that they'd be happy to get the new shots.

Cheers,