Options

At my polling place

ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
edited November 3, 2004 in People
Zerbas School, Newton MA, 7am, 2 Nov 2004

(Wish it had come out differently, but we did out part in Massachusetts.)

10826373-L.jpg

10826386-L.jpg

10826388-L.jpg

10826395-L.jpg

10826404-L.jpg

10826409-L.jpg

10826845-L.jpg

10826412-L.jpg

This last person was a Republican poll worker. I talked to here after voting. I was looking around for shots outside the school where I voted. She didn't want to stand to close to the Democrats, I guess, so she was down the driveway. It started off pretty friendly and she let me take this picture. But once we established that we were on the other side of enough diferent issues, she didn't want me to take any more pictures. Too bad, because she had become very intense looking at that point and would have made a better subject, more emblematic of this election.
If not now, when?

Comments

• Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited November 3, 2004
    i was just thinking this morning as I logged back to dgrin after a long absence... "i bet Rutt will have some great portraits from his polling place"

:D

turns out it was a good bet. especially compared to the other bet going on last night umph.gif

Here's our little precinct 1, Montague, MA

10801648-M.jpg
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    dugmardugmar Registered Users Posts: 756 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2004
    They're all smiling, they must be Bush supporters, or they believed those exit polls.

Great shots, really captured the mood of the place. Nice job.
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2004
    I thought about taking my camera, decided the potential hassle might not be worth it. Nice pics.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2004
    Well, I did mine. The only thing I "got" was the sales tax I asked for: green spaces, buses (essential), and roads.

Everything else............ at least I didn't have to wait in line. (I thought that was probably bad right there)

Doctor It, love your "little" polling place. Rutt love your people.

ginger

(Didn't think there would be humor at the polling place.........I was right. And I thought like Sid, if the line weren't around the block, no way I was going to get it inside.)
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.