Options

Help - PS Dummy here!

Head in the CloudsHead in the Clouds Registered Users Posts: 376 Major grins
edited November 3, 2004 in Finishing School
Hi,

I have just spent the last 3 hours trying to figure out somethings in PS. All I have acomplished is to add a 'classy border' to a few of my pics!!!! (and even that doesn't really look at that 'classy'!):scratch :wxwax

Does anyone know of a nice, friendly, 'ps basics' tutorial ?

It needs to be REALLY basic ..... it took me about 30 minutes to figure out how to view the layers palette!!!!!:doh

Any help very much appreciated ......... :D

Canon EOS 30D
Sigma 10-20
Canon 75-300 f4-5.6
Canon 18-55
Canon 50 f1.8
Canon 430EX

Comments

• Options
    digismiledigismile Registered Users Posts: 955 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2004
    If you are a visual person, I can recommend some excellent software that comes in either DVD or CD. Check out www.totaltraining.com and look at their discontinued training products.

Their current price for Photoshop CS is $249 USD but you can pickup virtually the same training for Photoshop 7 for $49! You get several hours of training and as a beginner to PS, learning the basics from one revision back isn't going to hurt you (IMHO). They even have online samples that you can see what the products look like. Deke McLelland who does this training, is considered to be one of the big PS Guru's, just like Scott Kelby.

I am the unofficial PS help desk for my family and friends, and I ended up buying the PS7 Training for my brother for his birthday. The calls dropped dramatically!

As well, someone posted a bunch of links to some free web based PS training (just search this site). I don't know what they're like, but I can highly recommend the Total Training.

Hope this helps,
    Brad
    AussieKate wrote:
    Hi,

I have just spent the last 3 hours trying to figure out somethings in PS. All I have acomplished is to add a 'classy border' to a few of my pics!!!! (and even that doesn't really look at that 'classy'!)headscratch.gifumph.gif

Does anyone know of a nice, friendly, 'ps basics' tutorial ?

It needs to be REALLY basic ..... it took me about 30 minutes to figure out how to view the layers palette!!!!!11doh.gif

Any help very much appreciated ......... :D