F15e - Strike Eagle

HauerHauer Registered Users Posts: 550 Major grins
edited July 15, 2006 in Sports
Hi - decided to go out and play with my recently purchased dSLR & Bigma at the recent Airshow held in Leeuwarden, The Netherlands. Photo was taken handheld at 420mm 1/1600 f/6.3 Exp.comp. -1 step ISO 200
Note the wing condensation effect whilst in a tight turn!
Hope you like it.

Cheers - Herman
My motto: To learn more today, than I knew yesterday!

Nikon gear & some lenses.

Comments

• KCActionKCAction Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited July 6, 2006
    Nice capture. That's the latest Night Strike capability attack/fighter, thus the charcoal black paint.
  • fire1035fire1035 Registered Users Posts: 208 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2006
    What a beautiful aircraft. It's hard to believe they want to phase it out.
  • HauerHauer Registered Users Posts: 550 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2006
    Hi - Here are a few more.....
    All taken at the recent Airshow held in Leeuwarden, The Netherlands (handheld). Exp.comp. -1 step ISO 200

Hope you like them.

Cheers - Herman

edited July 6, 2006
    and another .....

edited July 6, 2006
    and lastly .....

edited July 7, 2006
    It amazes me that the F15 is a product of the late 60s and early 70s design school and its still such a viable combat aircraft today. However, the advances in engine technology, avionics, and stealth capability as well as ground based aircraft defense systems are exceeding the ability of the airframe to be retrofitted. I wonder what the next generation of air superiority/attack aircraft will be like.
  • David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator
    edited July 7, 2006
    Herman, great shots! thumb.gif

KCAction wrote:
    I wonder what the next generation of air superiority/attack aircraft will be like.

You don't have to wonder. Here it is.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
    edited July 7, 2006
    I knew the Raptor was the premier air superiority variant, but I did not know that it also was close air support capable as well. Reading through the article it was interesting to note how after gaining air superiority the F22 was also a capable aircraft in the FAC role as well. This has been a weakness of the airforce that was illustrated by the Navy performing FAC during the UN action in Serbia. The typical F16 or F15 pilot was pretty overwhelmed watching out for SAMs and man-portable Stinger type missiles and also trying to direct multiple aircraft into a scattered target groups in moutainous terrain. The two-man crew aboard the F14 performed extremely well in this function because of the ability to keep 4 eyes on the task. It's intersting to see that the Air Force has apparently adapted the F22 successfully to this role.
  • TassieDTassieD Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2006
    and lastly .....

Great Shots of an awsome aircraft Herman thumb.gif well done.
    Cheers
    David Clifford
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited July 14, 2006
    fighter
    great shots ....how close were they to the ground on these shot or were you elevated ?
    edited July 15, 2006
    great shots ....how close were they to the ground on these shot or were you elevated ?

I took most of my photos from my camping-chair (not elevated) which was quite a distance from the actual runway. The aircraft flew at quite a distance as they avoided flying directly over the crowds. I guess the zoom power of my Bigma came in handy even though I took the majority of my over 400 shots at 320mm! Thanks for your interest.

Cheers - Herman