Options

A note to Andy

StanStan Registered Users Posts: 1,077 Major grins
edited November 6, 2004 in The Big Picture
I didn't want to PM you 'cos I'm sure you get millions, But do you think you could try to persuade members to post EXIF data with the pic. It can be incredibly informative when viewing shots to understand how and why they composed a shot. Even if only it is the ISO, Aperture, shutter speed and focal length without post processing details. They do on that other site about migrating photos (no links) and it really helps with the learning.

Thanks Stan

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2004
    Stan wrote:
    I didn't want to PM you 'cos I'm sure you get millions, But do you think you could try to persuade members to post EXIF data with the pic. It can be incredibly informative when viewing shots to understand how and why they composed a shot. Even if only it is the ISO, Aperture, shutter speed and focal length without post processing details. They do on that other site about migrating photos (no links) and it really helps with the learning.

Thanks Stan

hmm - that's a tough one :D i don't know what i could do? i'll think about it. of course, one way is to ask the poster for the smugmug gallery link and then you could click on "camera details" for the exif ...
  • Options
    StanStan Registered Users Posts: 1,077 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2004
    andy wrote:
    hmm - that's a tough one :D i don't know what i could do? i'll think about it. of course, one way is to ask the poster for the smugmug gallery link and then you could click on "camera details" for the exif ...

I thought that if a few people started posting then it would become the norm and everyone would do it because the thought it was the done thing. I just posted on another thread about my speed, 28,800 is painfully slow. I love the site but it takes forever to download one page of pics on the challenge page. hopefully things will improve in the new year headscratch.gif
  • Options
    dkappdkapp Registered Users Posts: 985 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2004
    Stan wrote:
    I thought that if a few people started posting then it would become the norm and everyone would do it because the thought it was the done thing. I just posted on another thread about my speed, 28,800 is painfully slow. I love the site but it takes forever to download one page of pics on the challenge page. hopefully things will improve in the new year headscratch.gif

I don't usually post my exif info because most people are not interested. Your best bet is to try a web browser that allows you to download only the pictures you want to see. I know Opera has this option & I'm sure there are other out there too.

I think asking for the exif might be the best way to do it. Maybe we can have all challenge entries w/ exif?

Dave
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2004
    I am not seeing my exif lately.
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2004
    ginger_55 wrote:
    I am not seeing my exif lately.

are you using "save for web" again? that strips the exif, ginger dear.
  • Options
    dkappdkapp Registered Users Posts: 985 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2004
    andy wrote:

It took me awhile to figure that one out...

Dave
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2004
    andy wrote:
    Nope, only used it once in my life, actually.

It isn't important, if I need the exif, I will find out where I lost it. My computer is doing very strange stuff since it was fixed. For all I know the repairman took the exif, or the spy did. I have just glanced to see it once or twice, thought maybe it was because it was raw that I didn't see it. Don't know.

I am downloading another calendar. It is addictive, too. I may make a gazillion calendars. Actually those RAW files are taking a lot of space. I can't upload before I delete some files. Backed up to 37 CDs this afternoon (only one copy a folder), now am making a calendar before the stuff is off of my hard drive.

g
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.