Options

Outer Banks NC

trogloditetroglodite Registered Users Posts: 130 Major grins
edited July 16, 2006 in Journeys
Snapshots... Could've been composed a bit better but gives you a taste of the outer banks.

wish it had been in the morning...
IMG_9307.JPG

reminds me of an album cover
IMG_9335.JPG

beach as far as you can see (again - wrong time of day =[ )
IMG_9343.JPG

the idea of driving ON the beach is a novelty to me, i ran with it
IMG_9349.JPG
is now gone. i have no time for cliques and fan clubs.

Comments

• Options
    rosselliotrosselliot Registered Users Posts: 702 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2006
    I've always wanted to drive on the beach!!!! you can't do so in Florida which is always where we go to the beach....
    I love the east coast, but never been to the actual COAST...next trip up there - my goal is to drive on the beach and have some good ole timey music blarin'.....gosh...can't wait. :D
    www.rossfrazier.com
    www.rossfrazier.com/blog

My Equipment:
    Canon EOS 5D w/ battery grip
    Backup Canon EOS 30D | Canon 28 f/1.8 | Canon 24 f/1.4L Canon 50mm f/1.4 | Sigma 50mm f/2.8 EX DI Macro | Canon 70-200 F/2.8 L | Canon 580 EX II Flash and Canon 550 EX Flash
    Apple MacBook Pro with dual 24" monitors
    Domke F-802 bag and a Shootsac by Jessica Claire
    Infiniti QX4
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,696 moderator
    edited July 14, 2006
    You always see ads featuring cars on the beach and driving through the nice warm salt water.:):

You never see the pictures of the cars a year later after the salt has had a chance to gnaw on them for awhile.umph.gif

As an old boater in salt water, I hope you washed your car thoroughly afterwards. Just a thought.ne_nau.gif

Looks like you had fun though.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    Mr. 2H2OMr. 2H2O Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2006
    Yep, always beautiful!
    Thanks for the reminder of how great to be there. We go down once or twice every year. Where did you guys go on the banks?

Mike
    Olympus E-30
    IR Modified Sony F717
    http://2H2OPhoto.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited July 15, 2006
    pathfinder wrote:
    You always see ads featuring cars on the beach and driving through the nice warm salt water.:):

You never see the pictures of the cars a year later after the salt has had a chance to gnaw on them for awhile.umph.gif

As an old boater in salt water, I hope you washed your car thoroughly afterwards. Just a thought.ne_nau.gif

Looks like you had fun though.

Ha! Actually I was really paranoid about this - I actually spent most of the time driving on the dry soft sand rather than the wet stuff. Yeah, wash, scrub, rinse, wash some more, pray, trade the vehicle in next year rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited July 15, 2006
    troglodite wrote:
    Ha! Actually I was really paranoid about this - I actually spent most of the time driving on the dry soft sand rather than the wet stuff. Yeah, wash, scrub, rinse, wash some more, pray, trade the vehicle in next year rolleyes1.gif

Meh, not nearly as bad as it was 20 years ago. Double sided galvanized sheet keeps ya pretty safe.

OBX is a good time. Ya eat at Awful Arthurs? I spent quite a bit of time in Kill Devil Hills a few years back.
  • Options
    edited July 16, 2006
    truth wrote:
    Meh, not nearly as bad as it was 20 years ago. Double sided galvanized sheet keeps ya pretty safe.

OBX is a good time. Ya eat at Awful Arthurs? I spent quite a bit of time in Kill Devil Hills a few years back.
    Unfortunately no. But my mother in law is a killer cook - so we all ate well. Was only down there for a week - before I bought my digital - slr (cries silently)