Options

WTB: Nikon EH-6 AC adapter for D2-

DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
edited July 17, 2006 in Flea Market
I always kinda knew in the back of my head I'd need one of these to get at the low-pass filter for a bit of cleaning. So the "B" in this case is borrow. If anyone has one they wouldn't mind lending me for a couple days, It would save me some cash.

There's just two big dust motts right in the middle of the sensor. spec-grabber should get it no problem.

78926540-M.jpg

:wxwax
Erik
moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2, 2006
    nobody, eh?

how 'bout comments... anyone try setting it to bulb with a fresh battery and getting it to open that way?
    ne_nau.gif
    Erik

• Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2006
    Hey Erik,

I've been on B&H's notify list for this item forever. I just cleaned my D2X by setting it on bulb mode.

It annoys the heck out of me that you need the adaptor to clean the sensor. The D200 allows you to clean the senor running on the batteries w/o the need for an adaptor.
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    edited July 3, 2006
    If bulb is good enough for Harry (and another bird shooter who lurks here and suggested it a day earlier), it's good enough for me. thanks thumb.gif

BTW, I had no idea they were hard to come by. I didn't bother looking at the availability, the price was enough to scare me away.
    Erik

• Options
    jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,005 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2006
    DoctorIt wrote:
    If bulb is good enough for Harry, it's good enough for me. thanks thumb.gif

BTW, I had no idea they were hard to come by. I didn't bother looking at the availability, the price was enough to scare me away.
    use your tri pod when you clean it [then you have both hands
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    nrChrisnrChris Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited July 3, 2006
    DoctorIt wrote:
    If bulb is good enough for Harry, it's good enough for me. thanks thumb.gif

DoctorAte,

Ouch. Just plain ouch. Good enough for me, not good enough for you. Good enough for Harry, good enough for you. Don't count on seeing your nieces anytime soon, bum.

May your sensor be infested with the mites of 1000 Brown Bears.

-nrChris
  • Options
    edited July 3, 2006
    nrChris wrote:
    DoctorAte,

Ouch. Just plain ouch. Good enough for me, not good enough for you. Good enough for Harry, good enough for you. Don't count on seeing your nieces anytime soon, bum.

May your sensor be infested with the mites of 1000 Brown Bears.

-nrChris
    stalker

lol3.gif
    Erik

• Options
    tonydtonyd Registered Users Posts: 213 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2006
    Just to join the bandwagon, I also use the bulb setting on the D2x to clean the sensor.

In the fall there will be a D2x firmware update that will allow mirror lockup without AC power along with adding some D2xs features to the D2x - not sure if that will help with eliminating the need for a AC power adapterne_nau.gif

firmware update announcement
  • Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2006
    I know its too late for Eric but I just got an e-mail from B&H and its in stock at this moment.
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"