Options

Northern lights photos on a DRebel (not mine)

mutineermutineer Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
edited November 9, 2004 in Wildlife
I saw these and loved them. The website describes his setup. MY skilset is nowhere near up to this yet.

They were shot on a Digital Rebel. I am just now figuring out the controls on my D70. I'll be 104 years old before I am ready for something like this. :D

More great shots here.

I posted a single shot for you to see, I did not see anycopyrights or watermarks but if the site owner objects I'll remove the photo.

http://www.extremeinstability.com/04-11-8.htm

this is also from his site regarding the setup

"This was shot just north of Blair Nebraska along the Missouri River shortly after sunset. Digital ISO 200 on all of these. Canon Digital Rebel, RAW files. This was around a 50 second exposure at F/3.5. They were stronger shortly before this but I wasn't there and setup yet."

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2004
    hi mutineer - it's way cool, this photographer has done some fine work. i removed the attachment, it's not ok to post another's work here without their permission.

putting in the link to their site, is very cool though :D

thanks
    mutineer wrote:
    I saw these and loved them. The website describes his setup. MY skilset is nowhere near up to this yet.

They were shot on a Digital Rebel. I am just now figuring out the controls on my D70. I'll be 104 years old before I am ready for something like this. :D

More great shots here.

I posted a single shot for you to see, I did not see anycopyrights or watermarks but if the site owner objects I'll remove the photo.

http://www.extremeinstability.com/04-11-8.htm

this is also from his site regarding the setup

"This was shot just north of Blair Nebraska along the Missouri River shortly after sunset. Digital ISO 200 on all of these. Canon Digital Rebel, RAW files. This was around a 50 second exposure at F/3.5. They were stronger shortly before this but I wasn't there and setup yet."
  • Options
    GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2004
    Awesome link...

That was fun to look through.

Thanks for posting it.