see it now, dave?
    dkapp wrote:
    I can't see the picture?

Dave

i had a bum link.
  • Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2004
    andy, I think this is the first time I've not been sure about one of your shots! Maybe it would have been EVEN BETTER :D if the the middle "o" was a little sharper??
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2004
    good question ..
    gubbs wrote:
    andy, I think this is the first time I've not been sure about one of your shots! Maybe it would have been EVEN BETTER :D if the the middle "o" was a little sharper??

i was playing around with my new 35mm f/1.4, which, at f/1.4 and close in, has a dof of around minus 2 inches lol3.gif i have other shots with all the candles in focus, but they look blaaaaaaaaaah

this was just something that my 5yr old and i did for fun the other night, but i liked how it turned out...

agree, it's not much special.. just trying to get in the mood of halloween here!

cheers,
  • Options
    edited October 27, 2004
    My girls are doing a halloween pumpkin head on the weekend, should be fun!!
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2004
    I so do not do Halloween,,,,,,,, It is my DC daughter's favorite holiday. Halloween has come up in the economic world since I was young. It is big for the stores, I understand. I DO NOT LIKE IT AT ALL!

That is one of the great, really great, things about living here. No one comes to these townhouses to trick or treat. I used to buy lots of candy, candy I liked.
    What I really hated about it was that I have no creativity where costumes are concerned, I didn't want to spend money on the things, hated the ones in the stores, still do, unless they are expensive.

I always felt like my kids were so deprived, yet I just did not sew, nor would I spend all that money for one night. We had a pumpkin, their father did their costumes, just threw some clothes together, made them ghosts or bums, but they did not get the excitement that some of the other kids were getting, or as I imagined they were getting from hearing their parents talk about it.

Sara must have felt like she got something out of it, she has surprised me with the zeal she attacks and enjoys halloween as an adult with children.

I will watch you all do the festivities, but make a costume for a deprived child. I don't like hollidays that make children feel bad.

ginger

Commercially I see all the decorations around here, if I am out, but that is all.
    I am often not home that night, I think this year will not be an exception, but I don't remember why. I have to shoot a baptism at church that morning. Can't remember what is going on that night. Maybe I was going to go shoot a lighthouse for this particular landscape thing. Don't know why I haven't done it before, or why I didn't think about it. Just what I need another entry.
    (It is a good hike to that lighthouse, the lighthouse is out in the water, no longer works, it is drowning, and it will not be saved, but it can make great photos. Even if the light is bad, I don't see how the lighthouse could be. I could do it for every challenge, according to the challenge. If it weren't such a long hike, and I will not do it alone, so Bill has to be there.)
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    edited November 9, 2004
    We did this a week late but at least we got there in the end
    11111399-L.jpg
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2004
    gubbs wrote:
    We did this a week late but at least we got there in the end
    11111399-S.jpg

i like it, and the reflection, too thumb.gif
  • Options
    photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2004
    andy wrote:
    i like it, and the reflection, too thumb.gif

Bugger ( rolleyes1.gif:Drolleyes1.gif ) Andy, you took away my remark.
    Love it Gubbs. Nice pumpkin and well carved. I hope your daughter had a good time making it.

Ginger, I was a single mum with 3 children, and I had the same feeling as you had: festive days suck when you don't have much money.
    I tried very hard to give them something they wanted, knowing that the week after that I would have to go and ask my dad for some money.
    What a nice thing for you to do, to make something for deprived children.
    I also think that your children knew you loved them, and that counts more then jolly costumes.