How to create those classy borders and signatures...

2»

Comments

• cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2004
    andy wrote:
    charles, i'm lost. honestly. headscratch.gif

can you define "sanctimonious?"
    Never mind Andy, I shouldn't have sounded off. I have deleted my comment.
    Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
    Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
    Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2004
    cmr164 wrote:
    Never mind Andy, I shouldn't have sounded off. I have deleted my comment.

hey, it's a free forum :D if you don't sound off, then that's when there's a problem, imo.

'gus left in a huff over some rules changes. his loss, and ours, he was fun. my offer for the steak dinner in nyc was sincere, heck, maybe he's lurking and he'll hanker for a 40oz t-bone for two, at wolfgang's lol3.gif

dunno why fish isn't around, miss him.

cheers,

andy
  • ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2004
    Thanks for clearing this up. I do miss fish. He had this great attitude, you know. Remember "Drive By Shooting."

I'm glad I was wrong and he didn't leave in a huff over losing control of the challenges. Maye that means he might come back someday.
    If not now, when?
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2004
    Fish got a new gig at work, he's traveling a lot, and doesn't have time to post much anymore. About time, I say; his post count at ADVRider was insane! He's probably not able to shoot much, either, although I embrace work travel as a chance to make piccies.

Humongous left because he wasn't happy about having only one or two people choose the finalists for the photo challenge. I think he felt it was exclusionary. ne_nau.gif

These things happen, just life wending its way through the threads. I enjoy 'mungus a lot, but he's a grown man and can make his own decisions. I do notice that a favorite activity on boards is navel gazing. I think posts like mine, and threads like this, fall into that category. And head explosions seem to be a routine occurence, so I don't pay them much mind. Is it a pun to say that I don't mind head explosions? 1drink.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    These things happen, just life wending its way through the threads. I enjoy 'mungus a lot, but he's a grown man and can make his own decisions. I do notice that a favorite activity on boards is navel gazing. I think posts like mine, and threads like this, fall into that category. And head explosions seem to be a routine occurence, so I don't pay them much mind. Is it a pun to say that I don't mind head explosions? 1drink.gif
    Wise words, Sid.
    If not now, when?
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    Humongous left because he wasn't happy about having only one or two people choose the finalists for the photo challenge. I think he felt it was exclusionary. ne_nau.gif
    Damn straight waxed underarm.

I did not leave in a huff over rule changes. I did not leave because i didnt have thick skin. Anyone can search & read why i left & for those that are interested i will go into it again here.

...the problem i had was that not everyone got to throw their shot up. One in ..all in. Thats been my motto since i was a kid. I hate exclusionism with ferocity, i put it lower than bigotry (is exclusionism a word ?) You dont even see that tolerated in YM which is really really saying something.

No matter how bad a newbies shot is...it still needs to be judged by its peers. I wont deflect from that opinion. Im sure those in here that have known me for 3-4 years in ADV YM... know that i have skin thicker than an M1 Abrams. I just dont like it when my fellow photogs are left out of the play.

I honestly dont know the new rules (if there are any)...& dont really care. As for non answered emails...i have about 2548754 email addys..i only use one that is private & in 5 years can still count the spam from it on one hand. Sorry if i didnt answer anyone but those that PM'd me in ADV got an immediate answer. Im sorry if anyone thought i was ignoring them as thats not how my mind works at all.

Thats it...over. Back to shooting.
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2004
    Jebus h ....what was i doing in the 1st place here ?

Looking to see how to put a sig on a photo & i still cant do it ! :bash :bash :bash
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2004
    Humungus wrote:
    Jebus h ....what was i doing in the 1st place here ?

Looking to see how to put a sig on a photo & i still cant do it ! :bash :bash :bash
    rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif I was hoping this would become a hall of wisdom thread filled with tips. Oh well... lol3.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au