10883896-L.jpg
  • Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2004
  • Options
    miketaylor01miketaylor01 Registered Users Posts: 318 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2004
    Wow!!!
    These three shots are awesome. There is really nothing else I can say except I love them. Were you shooting IR?
    gubbs wrote:
    10883876-L.jpg

10883904-L.jpg

10883893-L.jpg
    Mike

Sigma SD9, SD14, and DP1
    http://miketaylor.giph.com
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2004
    Those are sooooo cool, Gubbs!

g
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    edited November 5, 2004
    These three shots are awesome. There is really nothing else I can say except I love them. Were you shooting IR?
    Thanks g and Mike
    No they're not IR , I used a channel mixer layer in PS ticked the monochrome box, set the red around 140 and then balanced it back down using the green and blue channels. It has the IR effect (I think) because the remaining leaves have a lot of red in them.

Thanks again
  • Options
    NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2004
    Nice!

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts
  • Options
    photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2004
    Love the perspective for the trees you used. It is a fresh idea to use only the shadw of the tree... Well, it looks very fresh to me.
    I am still thinking wether I like the darkness, I think I like your channel mixing procedure for the tree shots, but for the playground I would like it less pronounced. You want the playground as a happy and safe place, not a dark and gloomy area. Having said that, love the play with the shadows of the toys in the playground.
    Great serie Gubbs, with the trees being my favs.
  • Options
    edited November 5, 2004
    photocat wrote:
    Love the perspective for the trees you used. It is a fresh idea to use only the shadw of the tree... Well, it looks very fresh to me.
    I am still thinking wether I like the darkness, I think I like your channel mixing procedure for the tree shots, but for the playground I would like it less pronounced. You want the playground as a happy and safe place, not a dark and gloomy area. Having said that, love the play with the shadows of the toys in the playground.
    Great serie Gubbs, with the trees being my favs.

Thanks Nir & Cat,

Cat, This playground, didn't seem happy or safe, it had a kind of menacing feel with all the graffiti and vandalism. It was trying to convey this that got me onto the B&W's, then because it was all the same place I started on the trees too....
  • Options
    photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2004
    OK Gubbs, point taken. That is the impression it gave me: dark and unsafe...
    Your message came accross.
  • Options
    edited November 10, 2004
    I was going back through stuff last night and think I prefer the colours on these what do you think?
    10883900-L.jpg

10883888-L.jpg
  • Options
    PerezDesignGroupPerezDesignGroup Registered Users Posts: 395 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2004
    gubbs wrote:
    I was going back through stuff last night and think I prefer the colours on these what do you think?
    I personally prefer the mood set by the B&W. The color is nice but the B&W is sweeter.
    Canon Digital Rebel | Canon EOS 35mm | Yashica Electro GSN | Fed5B | Holga 35 MF

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2004
    what a great series clap.gif