Options

SOLD: Nikon D2H

DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
edited July 20, 2006 in Flea Market
*Sigh* Let's not talk too much about it. Although its the coolest camera I've ever owned and has really become a joy to shoot with, it's a really serious piece of equipment and I just don't use it enough to justify keeping it.
:cry

Excellent condition D2H. No major scuffs, scrapes, wear or damage. I purchased it in January 2006 from the previous owner - it was a pro backup, and it was fully serviced by Nikon before coming to me. The rubber grip material at the bottom has become slightly unglued (you can see it in 2 of the photos below), but from what I've read, this is a common problem with all Nikon D2's. That being said, it's not much of a problem at all. Also, it is missing the plastic cap for the remote release (previous owner lost it) - also a common D2 problem. I have been searching for a replacement for months, no luck. The plastic LCD cover has some normal use scratches - these are about $10 to replace. I have cared for this camera extremely well, probably much too nicely for a solid pro-body of this sort. I barely even changed lenses on it. Once I got my 70-200VR, it pretty much lived on this camera, all other lenses were used with my D70.

**(added 7.18.06)**
I downloaded an exif viewer which told me the camera has 3518 total actuations. I have to admit I don't believe it - it sounds perfect for how much I have used it over the past 7 months. Maybe it was reset during the factory refurb?

Included:

all original pieces as if you bought it at the store...
- D2H body, with front cap
- battery
- battery charger
- Original box and all manuals, CD's, video cable... I haven't even touched most of it, just the manual. The items that are pictured below are the only things I took out of the box for use, everything else is still in the box.

extra stuff
- 1 additional battery (not that you'll need it, each battery is good for days!)
- generic remote release, 6' cable
- 1 spare eyecup/viewfinder window, special antifog (not all that cheap) *these are the only items not pictured anywhere below

Price is $1150 shipped to US and paypal'ed

82218393-M.jpg

82218394-M.jpg

82218395-M.jpg

82218396-M.jpg

82218397-M.jpg

Thanks!
Erik
moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

Comments

• Options
    edited July 17, 2006
    I should add, I'm only advertising this on Dgrin at the moment. I'll give it a few days before it heads to the masses at FM.
    Erik

• Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2006
    That's a great price for an outstanding camera. The minor stuff Erik notes like the plastic cap for the remote release getting lost happened on my D2H and my D2X also.
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    edited July 17, 2006
    Thanks Harry. wave.gif
    Erik

• Options
    MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2006
    Sad to see this.:cry :cry :cry :cry
  • Options
    nrChrisnrChris Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited July 17, 2006
    I will make you a deal. If you agree to keep the camera, I will provide you with one (1) complimentary 10-pin OEM plastic cover. Think about it.

-Chris
  • Options
    DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2006
    *spit take* wa-wa-why? are you just gonna keep the D70s? but wasn't that for whe wife? what will you use erik...:uhoh

wanna buy my 10D and come back to the canon side?mwink.gif
    Daniel Bauer
    smugmug: www.StandOutphoto.smugmug.com

• Options
    edited July 18, 2006
    nrChris wrote:
    I will make you a deal. If you agree to keep the camera, I will provide you with one (1) complimentary 10-pin OEM plastic cover. Think about it.

-Chris
    why didn't you mention that sooner! lol3.gif
    Erik

• Options
    edited July 18, 2006
    DanielB wrote:
    *spit take* wa-wa-why? are you just gonna keep the D70s? but wasn't that for whe wife? what will you use erik...:uhoh
    it's a 100% practical decision. I'll put it this way: when's the last time I posted a photo? Right. Therefore, I clearly don't need 2 dslr's. D70 is a fine camera. When setup as carefully, I think it does every bit as good as the D2H. All it lacks is speed and the ultimate control - but reference the previous sentence as to why I don't need those.

The Mrs didn't really get into it (and please, you all know it was just a ploy to buy a second body).

thanks for the concern... but, ah, who wants to buy it!? deal.gif
    Erik

• Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,827 moderator
    edited July 18, 2006
    C'mon folks, where else are you going to find a Pro body, Pro controls, 8 frames-per-second, ISO 6400, ... I mean it goes on and on, and all for so little money.

Most reviews talk about the instant on, the high level of responsiveness, the accurate exposures and almost infinite customization. This beast is just plain awesome.

... just do it, before I have to sell a kidney and do it myself. (See, you can potentially save my life, 'cause I'm not too sure about my kidneys.)

ziggy53
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    rrobinson54rrobinson54 Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited July 18, 2006
    pm sent
    pm sent
  • Options
    edited July 18, 2006
    ziggy53 wrote:
    C'mon folks, where else are you going to find a Pro body, Pro controls, 8 frames-per-second, ISO 6400, ... I mean it goes on and on, and all for so little money.

Most reviews talk about the instant on, the high level of responsiveness, the accurate exposures and almost infinite customization. This beast is just plain awesome.

... just do it, before I have to sell a kidney and do it myself. (See, you can potentially save my life, 'cause I'm not too sure about my kidneys.)

ziggy53
    so what are you waiting for? naughty.gif
    Erik

• Options
    edited July 18, 2006
    Come on dgrinners! If this was Andy's stuff, it would have sold three times over by now! lol3.gif

Off to FredMiranda this evening...
    Erik

• Options
    BakatBakat Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2006
    Doc,
    Sigh.... It's not a matter of wanting, it's a matter of cash flow.

How bout a trade? I have 3 cats, 2 dogs, 2 kids and a husband. You can take the whole lot in exchange for the body.

No? Ah well then I guess someone else gets lucky with it....

:cry Kat
    "Photography is not a sport. It has no rules"
    Bill Brandt
  • Options
    edited July 19, 2006
    Funds - yeah, I completely understand, Kat.

Off to FM, thanks gang thumb.gif
    Erik

• Options
    dragon300zxdragon300zx Registered Users Posts: 2,575 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2006
    DoctorIt wrote:
    Come on dgrinners! If this was Andy's stuff, it would have sold three times over by now!

It's your own fault for converting to nikon on a board with mainly canon users. :andy
    Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Do Not Have Film.
    www.zxstudios.com
    http://creativedragonstudios.smugmug.com
  • Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2006
    It's your own fault for converting to nikon on a board with mainly canon users. :andy

Hmm, maybe we should move on to forums that are more Nikon friendly?
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    dragon300zxdragon300zx Registered Users Posts: 2,575 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2006
    Harryb wrote:

Laughing.gif Harry it's not about being nikon friendly or not. It's supply and demand. There is a much lower demand for nikon equipment here than on FM for example. Andy's equipment sells fast cause there is a higher demand for it here seeing as it is canon.
    Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Do Not Have Film.
    www.zxstudios.com
    http://creativedragonstudios.smugmug.com
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,827 moderator
    edited July 19, 2006
    Harryb wrote:

Harry,

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm kinda hopin' you'll stick around here. I like your images, "Nikon" or whatever, and I'd just as soon not have to chase you around from group to group. Can't we all just get along? :D

Besides, you'd miss pickin' on Andy, and vice versa.

ziggy53
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    edited July 20, 2006
    Don't worry Ziggy, we're not going anywhere thumb.gif

Camera sold on FM, where my thread is still getting bumped for being "holy moly, what a great deal!" ... I should have asked for more. umph.giflol3.gif

(I kid, I kid)
    Erik

• Options
    nrChrisnrChris Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited July 20, 2006
    I dunno Erik, I bet that in 20 days you're without D70 and with a newer DSLR than anyone else in town....

http://nikonimaging.com/global/
  • Options
    edited July 20, 2006
    nrChris wrote:
    I dunno Erik, I bet that in 20 days you're without D70 and with a newer DSLR than anyone else in town....

http://nikonimaging.com/global/
    Interesting ear.gif

(but I doubt it'll be an even trade for a 2 year old D70 and a whitewater kayak - I'm out of things to sell lol3.gif)
    Erik

• Options
    SpeshulEdSpeshulEd Registered Users Posts: 341 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2006
    ooh, I want to buy a kayak...but I just spent my money on a new lens so no kayak for me.
    bored? check out my photo site...and if you have the time, leave a comment or rate some pictures while you're there.
    Canon 20D | Canon 17-40mm f/4L USM | Tamron 28-75 f2.8 XR Di LD IF | Canon 50mm f/1.8 II | Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM