Options

Backyard junk

ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
edited November 10, 2004 in Wildlife
11018693-L.jpg

Too good to throw away. Dawn. Looking at the Holyoke Range, Amherst, Massachusetts.
If not now, when?

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2004
    rutt wrote:
    11018693-S.jpg

Too good to throw away. Dawn. Looking at the Holyoke Range, Amherst, Massachusetts.

heya rutt - a nice scene. i'd like to see this scene from a lower perspective ... i feel to high over the trucks. you're pretty tall, aren't you?

cheers
  • Options
    edited November 7, 2004
    andy wrote:
    heya rutt - a nice scene. i'd like to see this scene from a lower perspective ... i feel to high over the trucks. you're pretty tall, aren't you?

cheers
    That might be good advice in general for me. I'm not that tall, but getting the camera down is often good advice for me. Where is the digital Roliflex? Or Nikon F? Waist level shooting was so great.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    dkappdkapp Registered Users Posts: 985 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2004
    rutt wrote:
    That might be good advice in general for me. I'm not that tall, but getting the camera down is often good advice for me. Where is the digital Roliflex? Or Nikon F? Waist level shooting was so great.

Is this your backyard? If so, take that white truck and turn it into your personal ice cream truck! Just imagine, your out all day taking photos...what better way to top it off than grabbing a drumstick or three out of the back?

About the lower shooting level. I have to constantly think about my angles when shooting. I'm just over 6' tall, and tend to shoot down or over things when I'm in a hurry. I'd love a waist level finder for my D70 :)

Dave
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2004
    This height thing has come to my attention, too. I was the one who noticed that being shorter than the people I am photographing for baptisms, well, it is not as flattering as it would be if a taller person were doing it.

I can get "down" a lot easier than I can "stretch". A stool was an idea, I threw it out the window, when last time there were three little boys along with the parents and the baby. I rapidly backed up and outside the church door in order to get them all in the shot. I mean I went at least 5 feet, and rapidly, the priests want to get these bapisms done with no time wasted.

I do like your photo, Rutt.

ginger

What do other short people do? I am taller than some people, children, and other things, dogs. I often get down to the level I need. Mostly I am trying to keep it so the lines are straight, the perspective, I hate to change that in ps. With dogs and children, I hang around and "wait", in a relaxed fashion, sitting, on the ground sometimes.

More formal occasions like baptisms are different. I don't "hang" around, can't.
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    edited November 7, 2004
    dkapp wrote:
    Is this your backyard? If so, take that white truck and turn it into your personal ice cream truck! Just imagine, your out all day taking photos...what better way to top it off than grabbing a drumstick or three out of the back?

Dave
    Not my backyard at all, but the milk truck is cool, isn't it? I'll bet a used ice cream truck in working condition could be had for less than the cost of breathing life into that one.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2004
    The compositiion is great, love the color. It looks like an advertisement, only better.
  • Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2004
    Love it...
    Seems like an odd place to find one's self at dawn. :D
    I'll bet there's good picture taking ops out there. It's funny how a large piece of land can just "collect" old vehicles. See them a lot out here in this part of the country too. I like the composition and the color. Glad the vehicles were not rusted out and dull. The overgrown vines are great!
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog