Options

More Mushrooms - Sorry

gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
edited November 10, 2004 in Wildlife
I like these mini scapes but I haven't got one right yet, I think I'm getting closer, but rain keeps stopping play!!
11111157-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2004
    gubbs wrote:
    I like these mini scapes but I haven't got one right yet, I think I'm getting closer, but rain keeps stopping play!!
    11111157-L.jpg

Extremely cute and you can fantasize all you want. Love the colors and the way you grouped them. (Well, I know they grow like that).
    It is a trick to have a good shot instead of a cluttered shot.
    More...please, give us more.
    On second thought, how about cropping just around the pale browns?
    So they fill the frame completely? How would that look?
  • Options
    PerezDesignGroupPerezDesignGroup Registered Users Posts: 395 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2004
    gubbs wrote:
    Great shot! I love the fact you got so low. thumb.gif
    Canon Digital Rebel | Canon EOS 35mm | Yashica Electro GSN | Fed5B | Holga 35 MF

• Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,911 moderator
    edited November 10, 2004
    gubbs wrote:
    I like the color range. Perhaps a bit closer and lower? I think you're pretty
    close to getting a great shot.

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2004
    Thanks for the comments, I'm glad you noticed "low" I got covered in mud doing these :D
    11111158-L.jpg
  • Options
    PerezDesignGroupPerezDesignGroup Registered Users Posts: 395 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2004
    gubbs wrote:
    Thanks for the comments, I'm glad you noticed "low" I got covered in mud doing these :D
    I'm diggin the new crop a lot more. Send some 'shrooms my way, eh? mwink.gif
    Canon Digital Rebel | Canon EOS 35mm | Yashica Electro GSN | Fed5B | Holga 35 MF

• Options
    edited November 10, 2004
    I'm diggin the new crop a lot more. Send some 'shrooms my way, eh? mwink.gif

the cropped version is definitely more my style. Great shot!!!
    No goblins around????
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2004
    The crop works. The original did look too cluttered. Bummer about the mud... but then, without rain, there wouldn't be any mushrooms. :D
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    edited November 10, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    The crop works. The original did look too cluttered. Bummer about the mud... but then, without rain, there wouldn't be any mushrooms. :D

not to mention the nice skin you will get from rolling in the mud. :D
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,697 moderator
    edited November 10, 2004
    gubbs wrote:
    I'm glad you noticed "low" -I got covered in mud doing these :D
    11111158-S.jpg

rolleyes1.gif Arthus Morris of www.birdsasart.com has a great picture of himself laying in the mud up to his elbows and holding a 500 or 600mm lens just above the water in the mud. Gilles Martin in "Macrophotography - Learning from a Master" shows a picture of himself with a camera and macro lens submerged in pond water to his chin while wearing a helmet with three electronic flash units to photograph water lillies.

SO, Gubbs, you are in very, very good photographic company. I highly recommend Gilles Martin's book - it is an excellent demonstration of world class macrophotography and how artistically it can be accomplished.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    edited November 10, 2004
    SO, Gubbs, you are in very, very good photographic company. I highly recommend Gilles Martin's book - it is an excellent demonstration of world class macrophotography and how artistically it can be accomplished.[/QUOTE]

I had only sticky needles of pine when I took the shot of the one following.

11092407-L.jpg
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2004
    gubbs wrote:
    Good shot. Provides me with some food for thought.

I'm gona go against the group opinion. I like the original best.

Sam