Options

Just upgraded vBulletin...fewer bugs?

BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
edited February 12, 2004 in Dgrin Forum Support
I just upgraded the site to 3.0 release candidate 4 (used to be 3). vBulletin is reporting fewer bugs and this may be the last release candidate before the final, production version.

Let me know of any weirdnesses besides the stuff fish posts. :lift

Comments

• Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2004
    Baldy...it still wont recognise me on return. No cookie i think...ive allowed cookies. Anything else i should do ?
  • Options
    edited February 8, 2004
    Hmmm... Don't have an answer for the cookie prob off the top of my head. I can investigate later.

So I've set the default style to be "liquid" -- to fill the width of the page. Like or not?

And I put the poster info on the left instead of the top. Yes? No?

I notice the location field is messed up. And I don't like the extra icon, space, and line above each post. Working on those but it's late so I may crash soon.
  • Options
    edited February 8, 2004
    Okay, fixed the location field. Took out the extra icons and horizontal rule, but now it looks.....borderless in the post areas. Seems like we need some trim, like ADVrider has.

But I need.....sleep. :hang
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2004
    In white it looks excellent. I see what you mean about no borders in the default style... at least I think I do... still have the dark monitor.

Thanks for moving the names to the side and making locations possible - feels better already. thumb.gif

Let me dwell on the liquid for a while... will take some getting used to.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2004
    Much better with the avatar header on the left...you can fit more posts in the same amount of vertical screen space.

Nice work, boss!
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    BMWRiderBMWRider Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited February 8, 2004
    OH,I like it much better. clap.gif
    Photographs are memories.
  • Options
    cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2004
    Seems pretty good. I am using the "test style" right now and it is pretty nice.
    Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
    Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
    Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2004
    Must be something wrong with me...i didnt notice anything headscratch.gif Hell Baldy i just like the new playhouse thumb.gif
  • Options
    kbasakbasa Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins
    edited February 9, 2004
    BMWRider wrote:
    OH,I like it much better. clap.gif
    What 'Rider said. Nice one, Baldy.

thumb.gif
    What's this button do?
  • Options
    edited February 9, 2004
    The liquid style is thumb.gif Nice job, sir. And the upgrade fixed the issue with the Profile window too. clap.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
  • Options
    edited February 9, 2004
    "liquid"? headscratch.gif
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    edited February 10, 2004
    That's the name vBulletin gives to spreading the text boxes all the way across the screen, as opposed to being scrunched up in the middle, as they were in the previous iteration. Now it's more like ADV, and I like it. But it took a bit of adjusting to. Patch's grey skin had the stretch already in it.
    Sid.
  • Options
    edited February 10, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    Patch's grey skin had the stretch already in it.
    That's just gross. :puke1
  • Options
    edited February 12, 2004
    I'm ordering a new monitor, but until then I'm using the white background. I like it. I understand that computer veterans find it a strain on the eyes. But it sure is easy to read stuff. But because the default is dark, odd thing shappen. Like sometimes someone elects to type with white text... and I can't see it. Or they post a photo that's over a white background, and I don't see the background. Interesting.
    Sid.