Options

A Couple Shots From Yesterday

miketaylor01miketaylor01 Registered Users Posts: 318 Major grins
edited November 11, 2004 in Holy Macro
Here are a few shots I got yesterday. I had to go tell this flight crew something so I decided to bring my camera along and got the following shot. Feedback is always welcome.

11140092-L.jpg

11140093-L.jpg

11140094-L.jpg

11140095-L.jpg

11140097-L.jpg

This last shot was just for fun.. I have been waiting for this flower to bloom for a couple weeks so I could get this shot. I like how it turned out
11140096-L.jpg
Mike

Sigma SD9, SD14, and DP1
http://miketaylor.giph.com

Comments

• Options
    NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2004
    Great set!!

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2004
    i feel like i'm there...
    well done, mike!

stay safe, man.

andy
  • Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2004
    Great, Mike..
    I love the flower. Seems like a small miracle to see that cheery flower in that harsh desert. Makes me appreciate all the small things in my life so much more.
    Thanks for sharing. God bless. thumb.gif
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2004
    I really like the first shot, Mike, though I like them all. Something about the first shot really conveys "mood" or feelings to me. It isn't something, it is the close shot of the soldier framing the farther things. Great depth of field. What did you focus on?

How did you keep everyone from stepping on the flower while you waited for it to bloom? (I have a nasty streak in me I guess)

Have you ever read the book called The Little Prince, or Le Petit Prince. Written by a french pilot, he is famous and I can't remember his name. Anyway, it is a small book, I read it in high school french class, but I have owned it often. It is someone who comes from outer space somewhere, a small planet, just him I think, and his rose, he thinks it is totally unique.............etc. Your flower reminds me both of the philosophy in that book, a very nice book, and it also reminds me of a Charles Adams cartoon.

(I could get a good humor photo out of that flower, knowing the history, with someone walking by, one foot raised, and well, ..........the tension, would the flower be safe........... I am terrible, but I think it is funny. Is everyone keeping it safe?)

Smile,
    ginger

Yes, I am glad to see that you are in the same place as the flower and have been there for a while, nice to know that.
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    edited November 11, 2004
    Thanks Andy, Snappy and Ginger
    I appreciate the comments. These were fun to take because it was different being on the ground with the brids coming in and leaving. Used to being in there. Kept thinking how the pilots must have been laughing their butts off because they almost blew me over with the rotorwash. I know I used to try to do that to people who were somewhere on a landing zone where they shouldnt have been. I was in that area to get these.. and no Ginger noone steps on the flower. Also noone protects them. We just kinda let them be and most of the time dont even notice them. This specific one though stuck out to me cause there are no other flowers anywhere nearby. Kinda cool i think. Thanks again.:D
    Mike

Sigma SD9, SD14, and DP1
  • Options
    edited November 11, 2004
    And Some More From Today
    All taken at a trining range. We go and shoot pretty often here to stay proficient.

11179389-L.jpg

11179393-L.jpg

11179396-L.jpg

11179398-L.jpg
    Mike

Sigma SD9, SD14, and DP1
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2004
    Yeah! good photos, but playing paint ball, or whatever that game is, would that not work?

My son takes part in reinactment things........ I never even go watch them.
    I shot a rifle once, New Years Eve, I did everything I was told to do, yet I hut my shoulder big time, from the kick.

Anything that takes skill, I think is fun to practice........... It looks strange to me with houses in the background and all. I would think it would be a relief to you all to do a skill thing where you don't think except re the skill.

And the photos are good.

Thanks, Mike, for sharing,
    ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.