Options

Ospreys's from Fla., can the Egrets be far behind ?

dallasdallas Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
edited July 27, 2006 in Wildlife
One more set tonight, and later the Egrets arrive. These Ospreys were found at Lake Norris near Ocala when my brother Jim and I took an hour hike in the noon day sun. Enduring the heat was worth every step.

Lake Norris

80420695-L.jpg

The battle of the branch

80024870-L.jpg

Move over pal

80024868-L.jpg

I was here first

80024871-L.jpg

Too bad, now make some room

80024872-L.jpg

Oh no, no.

80024869-L.jpg

You win, I'm outta here

80024867-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Osprey WhispererOsprey Whisperer Registered Users Posts: 3,803 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2006
    clap.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif Well done William. Hope you enjoyed your visit. Did you get back from NY? You left us with nothing but crappy weather. Have had nothing but daily Tstorms of late. rolleyes1.gif

If it wasn't for the osprey that perches on the tree in the backyard, nightly.....I wouldn't have seen one of these guys in a good month. :uhoh :D
    Mike McCarthy

"Osprey Whisperer"

OspreyWhisperer.com
  • Options
    edited July 24, 2006
    clap.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif Well done William. Hope you enjoyed your visit. Did you get back from NY? You left us with nothing but crappy weather. Have had nothing but daily Tstorms of late. rolleyes1.gif

If it wasn't for the osprey that perches on the tree in the backyard, nightly.....I wouldn't have seen one of these guys in a good month. :uhoh :D

Thanks Mike, Yes I am back in So. Cal., and I'm so sorry that I left you with all the good weather, I was in such a hurry to get back here to 119 degrees record breaking heat that I forgot all about your beautiful Nikon skies. I had a great time with all the Fla. birds, but managed to get every delayed flight known to mankind. Next time I'm coming in winter, when I know the weather is going to be bad. Glad you like the pictures, not as good as yours, but I am out of practice. :): :):
  • Options
    Dick on ArubaDick on Aruba Registered Users Posts: 3,484 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2006
    Great series, well done.

Thanks for sharing.

Dick.
    "Nothing sharpens sight like envy."
    Thomas Fuller.

SmugMug account.
    Website.
  • Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2006
    Excellent set Willaim. clap.gif Good to see your pics again.
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    tomthephotographertomthephotographer Registered Users Posts: 86 Big grins
    edited July 24, 2006
    Like teh photos. Have you considered using the new feature in CS2 to correct the first one? If you have CS2 the training disk thak came with it teaches how to edit just such a picture to reduce the blinding bright spot.
    The Birds are awesome
    Canon 40D. Lens Sigma 170-500, Tamron 75-300, Quantaray 19-35,
    Bogan Tripod. Gaint Yukon 25' Bike,

Like it or not we most often get what we deserve in the end.
  • Options
    edited July 25, 2006
    Harryb wrote:
    Excellent set Willaim. clap.gif Good to see your pics again.

Thanks Harry, sorry I missed visiting with you, but time was short, and I was busy photographing all your Florida birds.
  • Options
    edited July 25, 2006
    Like teh photos. Have you considered using the new feature in CS2 to correct the first one? If you have CS2 the training disk thak came with it teaches how to edit just such a picture to reduce the blinding bright spot.
    The Birds are awesome

Thanks Tom for the advice. Blowing out the sky has alway been a problem for me, so I will take a look. I guess that eventually I'll learn if I read the book.
  • Options
    BIG BROTHERBIG BROTHER Registered Users Posts: 268 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2006
    Great series of shots Little Bro. The first picture, you have captured the essence of the area where the series - not an easy task. Thanks for renewing my interest in photography after a lengthy sabitacle.
    clap.gifclap.gif

_______
    Jim
  • Options
    edited July 27, 2006
    Great series of shots Little Bro. The first picture, you have captured the essence of the area where the series - not an easy task. Thanks for renewing my interest in photography after a lengthy sabitacle.
    clap.gifclap.gif

_______
    Jim

Thank goodness you're not mad at me for the long and sweaty hike into Lake Norris. But those memories can be bought with silver or gold. iloveyou.gifiloveyou.gifiloveyou.gif