Options

A few birds from Fla./New York

dallasdallas Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
edited July 25, 2006 in Wildlife
I was supprised to find a Crested Night Heron in Central Park, but here he is.

82755166-L.jpg

82755165-L.jpg

82755157-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Dick on ArubaDick on Aruba Registered Users Posts: 3,484 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2006
    Very nice captures William.

Thanks for sharing.

Dick.
    "Nothing sharpens sight like envy."
    Thomas Fuller.

SmugMug account.
    Website.
  • Options
    gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2006
    Very nice Dallas. What on earth was it thinking in that second shot? Taking a dip in split pea soup?
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • Options
    Osprey WhispererOsprey Whisperer Registered Users Posts: 3,803 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2006
    I didn't think St. Patty's day was this month? rolleyes1.gif That's some nasty water. Nice shots William. thumb.gif Hope you didn't get mugged in NY and have your camera stolen. :uhoh :D
    Mike McCarthy

"Osprey Whisperer"

OspreyWhisperer.com
  • Options
    edited July 24, 2006
    Very nice captures William.

Thanks for sharing.

Dick.

Thanks Dick, I'll have a few more later, hope you enjoy them also
  • Options
    edited July 24, 2006
    gluwater wrote:
    Very nice Dallas. What on earth was it thinking in that second shot? Taking a dip in split pea soup?

Thanks Nick, that green slime was so thick I didn't think he was going to be able to move, but he seemed to enjoy the cool pond. He floated around some time before he flew, and then came right at my face; this one frame out of about five was the only one close to being in focus, and he went a few feet directly over my head. It was interesting watching him, and I discovered later that he was hanging around different locations in the park, but this seemed to be his favorite spot.
  • Options
    edited July 24, 2006
    I didn't think St. Patty's day was this month? rolleyes1.gif That's some nasty water. Nice shots William. thumb.gif Hope you didn't get mugged in NY and have your camera stolen. :uhoh :D

Thanks again Mike, I still have my camera, and just being in New York is like being mugged.
  • Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2006
    That's not fair Willaim. I'm having a tough enough time catching those NHs in Florida and you're getting shots of them in NYC where I lived for 57 years!!!! :bash

Fine shots BTW just don't do it again.
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    CindaCinda Registered Users Posts: 133 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2006
    You seem to find more wildlife in NYC than most of us can find anywhere else! Nice job as always. thumb.gif
    "Photography teaches that how well you see has nothing to do with how well you see." Anonymous
  • Options
    edited July 25, 2006
    Cinda wrote:
    You seem to find more wildlife in NYC than most of us can find anywhere else! Nice job as always. thumb.gif

Thanks Cinda, NYC is full of wildlife, some you can photograph, and some you run from.
  • Options
    edited July 25, 2006
    Harryb wrote:
    That's not fair Willaim. I'm having a tough enough time catching those NHs in Florida and you're getting shots of them in NYC where I lived for 57 years!!!! :bash

Fine shots BTW just don't do it again.

With all the beautiful Caracara, why would you want a simple little Crested Night Heron? But all the same I promised not to do it again......... until my next visit.