Options

Happy Birthday

StanStan Registered Users Posts: 1,077 Major grins
edited November 14, 2004 in People
My 300D Rebel is now 1 year old, 5400 shots on the clock, a few scratches on the case and lots of money spent on keeping it happy, cards (3), portable storage(1) lenses (3) tripods (2) and waiting for a head...

I only realized this when looking for a shot of my son and saw it was taken on the 9th November Last year. The shot of my daughter was taken on the 8th November this year. That makes them almost the same age in the pictures.

11198161-M.jpg

11198159-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2004
    worth every penny!!

thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited November 12, 2004
    gubbs wrote:
    worth every penny!!

thumb.gif

Todays purchase, Manfrotto 222 head and a 1.4 canon tele converter.

I must learn more restraint
  • Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2004
    Stan wrote:
    Todays purchase, Manfrotto 222 head and a 1.4 canon tele converter.

I must learn more restraint
    Restraint is a rare thing round here :D
  • Options
    cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2004
    gubbs wrote:
    Restraint is a rare thing round here :D
    Yea... Yesterday I exercised restraint... I had the iMac 17" at the counter and I said "no" Of course I did buy the 12" G4 iBook, the iSight cam, and a Canon 1.4x. I do have a 17" PB but the iBook & iSight is for my girlfriend.

But hey I exercised restraint, didn't I? headscratch.gif
    Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
    Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
    Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph
  • Options
    DVDRDVDR Registered Users Posts: 124 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2004
    Stan wrote:
    My 300D Rebel is now 1 year old, 5400 shots on the clock, a few scratches on the case and lots of money spent on keeping it happy, cards (3), portable storage(1) lenses (3) tripods (2) and waiting for a head...

I only realized this when looking for a shot of my son and saw it was taken on the 9th November Last year. The shot of my daughter was taken on the 8th November this year. That makes them almost the same age in the pictures.

11198161-M.jpg

11198159-M.jpg
    And I'm sure there are more things on the list...hopefully santa will be good to you. Great pix...love the smiles.:D
  • Options
    NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2004
    Happy birthday!

Beautiful kids!

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts
  • Options
    DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2004
    Stan, your children are adorable! I hope you don't mind, I've been playing with some portrait PS actions and when I saw that photo of your daughter I had to give them a try. What do you think, too soft?

11224313-M.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 12, 2004
    Thanks DJ-S1,You could almost mistake her as cherubic. That, she is not. She re-picked the scab on her nose this evening, and had to stop it bleeding
  • Options
    DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2004
    My kids are cherubic too...when they are sleeping! lol3.gif
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2004
    cute kids!

My turn on the healing action...I've been dying to find a wound to trying out healing :)
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    edited November 14, 2004
    So I knew that the healing brush existed but never used it... 10 seconds to sort the nose and chewed lip. Awesome tool clap.gifclap.gif Try it, it samples pixels around the chosen site and blends them rather than copying another part of the photo as in clone