Options

Beach visit with the pup

CatOneCatOne Registered Users Posts: 957 Major grins
edited July 24, 2006 in Wildlife
With it being ~105 around the homestead, she got to go to the beach for the first time where it was a mere 80 with the sub-50-degree water. She liked it. First couple waves scared her a bit, then she was down for some play time.

83686122-L.jpg

83685698-L.jpg

83688287-L.jpg

83689558-L.jpg

83691202-L.jpg

83691572-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2006
    These are so great! I love the 2nd to last shot where she dug herself a little nest...or maybe the damp hole helped keep her cool? She looks so cute! We have a dog beach in our area, too. It's one of my favorite past-times just watching them run in the surf. :D
  • Options
    DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2006
    Sub 50 degree water?
    105 inland, 80 at the beach, sounds like my neck of the woods. Which beach did you go to?

It's always fun watching a pup's experience with the water. Yours looked like it got to like the water and digging in the sand!
  • Options
    edited July 24, 2006
    Dee wrote:
    105 inland, 80 at the beach, sounds like my neck of the woods. Which beach did you go to?

It's always fun watching a pup's experience with the water. Yours looked like it got to like the water and digging in the sand!

The beach is just north of San Gregorio. You park along Highway 1 and then have to march down the bluff... it's a big aggro as in spots it's > 45 degrees and loose dirt so you have to hold onto a rope to get down. But it's great because there's no real other way to get to this particular beach, so dogs can run free and not get away... they're locked in.
  • Options
    DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2006
    I wondered...
    CatOne wrote:
    The beach is just north of San Gregorio. You park along Highway 1 and then have to march down the bluff... it's a big aggro as in spots it's > 45 degrees and loose dirt so you have to hold onto a rope to get down. But it's great because there's no real other way to get to this particular beach, so dogs can run free and not get away... they're locked in.

if it were down that way... that beach wouldn't be for me. No hanging on ropes and climbing up and down anymore...

But, that's great for the dogs since they can't run away! Must be less crowded too! I'm closer to San Francisco, and with Devil's Slide still closed we haven't gone down that way since it closed. Hopefully in a few months we can do our usual drive down to Pescadero to watch the waves.

Anyway, your pup is adorable!
  • Options
    edited July 24, 2006
    Dee wrote:
    if it were down that way... that beach wouldn't be for me. No hanging on ropes and climbing up and down anymore...

But, that's great for the dogs since they can't run away! Must be less crowded too! I'm closer to San Francisco, and with Devil's Slide still closed we haven't gone down that way since it closed. Hopefully in a few months we can do our usual drive down to Pescadero to watch the waves.

Anyway, your pup is adorable!

Yeah, I figured there wouldn't be many people there -- one of the reasons we chose that beach -- that it was hard to access. With as hot as it was, I'm sure that Hwy 92 had thousands of cars on it... it would have been backed up past 280 which is a 15 mile backup... no thanks. There were probably 150 people on the beach, which given that it's 2-3 mile of waterfront, was pretty good :-)

The pup does garner a lot of attention. She's growing fast though!

This was her 7 weeks ago, when we first saw her at the breeder:

73212081-L.jpg
  • Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2006
    Good set of shots. thumb.gif Looks like the pup had a fine time.
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"