Options

Salt lake city

fraincsfraincs Registered Users Posts: 126 Major grins
will be in SLC in september wont have much time but i will have an evening for myself, any good spots? suggestions.

Comments

• Options
    BeachBillBeachBill Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2006
    fraincs wrote:
    will be in SLC in september wont have much time but i will have an evening for myself, any good spots? suggestions.
    Downtown... Temple Square. Lots of flowers, reflecting pool, architecture. Observation decks in the Joseph Smith Building (indoors) and the Church Administration Building (outdoor, up higher)--both east of temple square on the adjoining block. Also check out the Conference Center (the block north of temple square) roof, it's covered with grasses and trees and streams and you can easily forget you are on a roof.

A few blocks north and up the hill from temple square is the state capital with great views of the city skyline and valley floor (go a few blocks further up the hill into the residential areas for even better views of the valley and skyline.

Update: Here are a couple photos from my last trip through the area in April. They were taken from the observation deck in the Joseph Smith Building.

Spires of the temple: (suggestion: try to be there at sunset)

sltempleday.jpg

Conference Center showing the rooftop garden:

confcenter.jpg
    Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug
  • Options
    fraincsfraincs Registered Users Posts: 126 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2006
    thanks so much :)