Options

They Just Look Better at the 45th Parallel...

R JohnsR Johns Registered Users Posts: 170 Major grins
edited July 26, 2006 in Landscapes
This type of sunset is a daily occurance up here, in northern Michigan, USA.

No pollution...

No Comtrails...

Just, "WOW"!!!
By Grace, alone...

Comments

• Options
    Frog LadyFrog Lady Registered Users Posts: 1,091 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2006
    Nice shot, but, well, to have great sunsets, you've gotta have clouds and clouds mean higher humidity. Sitting here w/ a broken AC umph.gif in the middle of the hottest and muggiest week on record in inland so cal (it was 117 here on Sat, 9 degrees F hotter than the previous hottest day), I'll take the clear blue, dry, skies (almost) any day.

C.
    Colleen
    check out my (sports) pics: ColleenBonney.smugmug.com

*Thanks to Boolsacho for the avatar photo (from the dgrin portrait project)
  • Options
    CindaCinda Registered Users Posts: 133 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2006
    Wow, indeed. thumb.gif
    "Photography teaches that how well you see has nothing to do with how well you see." Anonymous
  • Options
    evil eggplantevil eggplant Registered Users Posts: 464 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2006
    I know, I'm here in Nevada and it's like the 16th day over 100 and I'll tellya what, this is getting really old.

I'm sorry about your A/C, what a tough break.

Hang in there...

79740902-L.jpg
    Frog Lady wrote:
    Nice shot, but, well, to have great sunsets, you've gotta have clouds and clouds mean higher humidity. Sitting here w/ a broken AC umph.gif in the middle of the hottest and muggiest week on record in inland so cal (it was 117 here on Sat, 9 degrees F hotter than the previous hottest day), I'll take the clear blue, dry, skies (almost) any day.

C.
  • Options
    CharlaCharla Registered Users Posts: 238 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2006
    This is a beautiful sunset, nice capture. I love the texture of the clouds and the colors. This is one of the things that remind me to be thankful for all the beauty in the world, after I come home from a crazy day at work.

Charla
  • Options
    vermentonvermenton Registered Users Posts: 290 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2006
    I know, I'm here in Nevada and it's like the 16th day over 100 and I'll tellya what, this is getting really old.

I'm sorry about your A/C, what a tough break.

Hang in there...

79740902-L.jpg

forest fire give you also good sunset, and it's unfortunate
  • Options
    SeefutlungSeefutlung Registered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2006
    Frog Lady wrote:

C.

Man ... it is tough in the IE ... (I grew up in Chino ... technically not the IE but pretty darn close) ... When I was a kid, on days like we're having now, I used to hang out at food lockers (my recommendation).
    My snaps can be found here:
    Unsharp at any Speed
  • Options
    R JohnsR Johns Registered Users Posts: 170 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2006
    Thanks everyone, for your kind comments...
    Frog Lady,

Sorry to hear about your dilemma. My wife and I just recently moved up here from the South. She grew up in the South and would never go back. She calls our Michigan summers "air conditioned sunshine"...:):

Evil Eggplant,

That's a keeper. I can see that hanging in someone's homethumb.gif

Here's one more pic, from me...

Thanks again, and take care everyone... wave.gif

Russ
    By Grace, alone...
  • Options
    fire1035fire1035 Registered Users Posts: 208 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2006
    Frog Lady wrote:

C.

eff that. Sorry to hear about the a/c.
  • Options
    Frog LadyFrog Lady Registered Users Posts: 1,091 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2006
    R Johns wrote:
    Frog Lady,

Sorry to hear about your dilemma. My wife and I just recently moved up here from the South. She grew up in the South and would never go back. She calls our Michigan summers "air conditioned sunshine"...:):

Russ

I really like this one Russ; IMHO, it beats the 1st hands downthumb.gif

thanks everyone for the cool wishes. The a/c was finally fixed today and for the 1st time in 4 nights, it'll get below 85 F in the house tonight! Max high inside was 94F. Only lost a couple of fish (I guess they weren't tropical enough?) and house plants, but was really worried about the 18 and 19 yr old cats - but they pulled through too.

C.
    Colleen
    check out my (sports) pics: ColleenBonney.smugmug.com

*Thanks to Boolsacho for the avatar photo (from the dgrin portrait project)
  • Options
    SpeshulEdSpeshulEd Registered Users Posts: 341 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2006
    watch out for those giant sized mosquitos.
    bored? check out my photo site...and if you have the time, leave a comment or rate some pictures while you're there.
    Canon 20D | Canon 17-40mm f/4L USM | Tamron 28-75 f2.8 XR Di LD IF | Canon 50mm f/1.8 II | Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM