Portland, OR

jkelly25jkelly25 Registered Users Posts: 78 Big grins
Looks like I will be spending a day in Portland, Oregon in September for a meeting. How about some photo ops to convince me to add a day or two to the trip?

Thanks in advance.
Joe Kelly
New Jersey

Comments

• BeachBillBeachBill Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2006
    jkelly25 wrote:
    Looks like I will be spending a day in Portland, Oregon in September for a meeting. How about some photo ops to convince me to add a day or two to the trip?

I would suggest a day trip over to Hood River via the Columbia River Highway (stopping at sites along the way like Vista House, Multnomah Falls, and Bonneville Lock and Dam), around Mt. Hood and back to Portland.

See this thread for a pic of Multnomah Falls taken by fellow dgrinner erich6.

I also just discovered this site that can provide additional hints for places to visit.
    Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2006
    Mount St. Helens is an easy drive. I was lucky enough to spend some time there, it was utterly fascinating.

8674658-L.jpg
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • jkelly25jkelly25 Registered Users Posts: 78 Big grins
    edited July 25, 2006
    Thanks for the ideas. Looks like there is plenty to see and photograph. I need to be there for business on a Thursday, so I will see about staying for at least Friday, maybe Saturday.

Joe
    Joe Kelly
    New Jersey