Can 'protected' by ON by default?

I SimoniusI Simonius Registered Users Posts: 1,034 Major grins
edited July 28, 2006 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
the 'protected' option is off by default, which means if I move a galery or just plain forget, galleries are not protected ( from downloads or 'stealing' ) by default

Is it possible to change this as a matter of SM policy, and if not is there a way to set itaas a global preference on one's site?

thanks
Veni-Vidi-Snappii
...pics..

Comments

• bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited July 27, 2006
    Simon King wrote:
    the 'protected' option is off by default, which means if I move a galery or just plain forget, galleries are not protected ( from downloads or 'stealing' ) by default

Is it possible to change this as a matter of SM policy, and if not is there a way to set itaas a global preference on one's site?

thanks
    you can create a gallery template with it set to 'on'. then whenever you create a new gallery, just use that template.

that's what i do.
    Pedal faster
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2006
    Simon King wrote:

thanks

BWG's answer is the way to go deal.gif
  • I SimoniusI Simonius Registered Users Posts: 1,034 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2006
    bigwebguy wrote:
    you can create a gallery template with it set to 'on'. then whenever you create a new gallery, just use that template.

that's what i do.

thanks BWG ( and Andy) - now all I have to do is suss out how to......:-)
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2006
    Simon King wrote:
    thanks BWG ( and Andy) - now all I have to do is suss out how to......:-)

http://www.smugmug.com/help/picture-storage
  • I SimoniusI Simonius Registered Users Posts: 1,034 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2006