Options

Backprinting

brandofamilybrandofamily Registered Users Posts: 2,013 Major grins
edited July 29, 2006 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I noticed I can set the backprinting text in the control panel. But it can also be set in the galley customization panel. Am I correct that the setting in the contol panel is site wide (the default) but can be over ridden in the individual galleries.

Comments

• Options
    Mac WriteMac Write Registered Users Posts: 208 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2006
    Yes this is correct. Control Panel is site wide, then each gallery setting can over-ride the control panel setting.
    My Photos | Use this referral code and get $5 off your first year of Smugmug! PIKZSgEQUVtu2 or just click here
    Get busy living or get busy dying
    --Stephen King
  • Options
    AnneMcBeanAnneMcBean Registered Users Posts: 503 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2006
    Unsolicited Tip:
    If you want to do backprinting differently for a gallery, run it through the cool preview and keyword features in the control panel backprinting first. That way you know exactly what to expect when you plug it into the customize gallery backprinting.
  • Options
    tweakertweaker Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited July 29, 2006
    OMG Backprinting!!!! When i first saw the title of this form post i was thinking.... great here we go again. But its implemented! This kicks some serious !$#@$@ and the other added features... this is just to much for me to take. Im going to bed. I hope this isnt a dream.
    -Paul
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2006
    tweaker wrote:
    I hope this isnt a dream.
    rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

Morning, sunshine :D
  • Options
    pat.kanepat.kane Registered Users Posts: 332 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2006
    AnneMcBean wrote:
    ...cool preview... That way you know exactly what to expect when you plug it into the customize gallery backprinting.
    Is the copyright symbol going to print (it shows up in the preview)? If so, is it legible?

I'd really like to place a valid copyright notice on the back of my images.

Ref: http://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ03.html

The copyright notice must contain three elements:

1. The symbol © (the letter C in a circle), or the word “Copyright,” or the abbreviation “Copr.”; and

2. The year of first publication...

3. The name of the owner of copyright in the work, or an abbreviation by which the name can be recognized, or a generally known alternative designation of the owner.

Example: © 2004 Jane Doe

Most people aren't going to know how to enter the "circle C", so I think a new backprint keyword is needed (e.g., (C) or COPR).

We also need a SMUGYEARTAKEN keyword (the only other date option gives a full date).

Thanks,
    Pat

[Forgot to add WAHOO! Great new feature. Thanks.]
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2006
    pat.kane wrote:
    Is the copyright symbol going to print (it shows up in the preview)? If so, is it legible?

Yes. ©

Pat, buy a print. If you aren't happy, email us and we'll give you a full refund deal.gif

http://www.smugmug.com/prints/our-guarantee.mg