Options

Street Performers

Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
edited July 30, 2006 in Street and Documentary
"Don't waste your film on dead structures, photograph the street live" that was the call that attracted me to this aboriginal
dijiridu player:
Aboriginal-Dijiridu-Player-IMG_4050.jpg Dijiridu-Player-IMG_4053.jpg

When I was passing him this musician from Trinidad and Tobago was playing John Lennon's "Imagine" on steel drums:
Metal-Drums-IMG_4059.jpg Metal-Drum-Player-IMG_4062.jpg

This is a strange and difficult form of performing art: still poses. The lady could hold the pose without any obvious movement for a very, very long time:
Still-Pose-IMG_4069.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Frog LadyFrog Lady Registered Users Posts: 1,091 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2006
    Nice pictures, Ted. The drummer looks like he's having lots of fun! Love the laughing eyes. The "statue" is interesting too... Not too far (in Southern California terms) from me, Laguna Beach has its Pagent of the Masters every year where they recreate famous painting using living actors and the appropriate backgrounds. It's supposed to be a sight to see (wish I have). But, man, I don't know how those people do it and hold that still that long.

cheers,

C.

PS - is there any way you can include slightly larger images? It takes an awefully long time for your actual page to pop up when I click on your thumbnails.
    Colleen
    check out my (sports) pics: ColleenBonney.smugmug.com

*Thanks to Boolsacho for the avatar photo (from the dgrin portrait project)
  • Options
    edited July 27, 2006
    Thank you Frog Lady.

I have observed the "still" artist's preparation and she stands bare footed on a special platform with timber spikes - looks like this stimulates circulation without movement.

As for my thumbnails - this is how I post. If my server is a bit slow than loading 5 big images here would take long time too. I post on few forums, not just here, and many people still use dial-up. For them this is good as they have a general idea of the image and they can decide if they want to see the full picture. Also, my pages contain all the information about the pictures - it saves me time from replicating this information over and over the time.
  • Options
    DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2006
  • Options
    edited July 29, 2006
    Thanks David.
    And a quick update for Frog Lady - I've started to use bigger thumbnails thumb.gif
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited July 29, 2006
    great stuff,clap.gif i always look forward to your images..
  • Options
    frgfrg Registered Users Posts: 583 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2006
    Beautiful shots Ted... Is the drummer the guy in Circular Quay.......
  • Options
    Frog LadyFrog Lady Registered Users Posts: 1,091 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2006
    Thanks David.
    And a quick update for Frog Lady - I've started to use bigger thumbnails thumb.gif

I and all the dgrinners whose eyes are beginning to show there age thank yourolleyes1.gif

C.
    Colleen
    check out my (sports) pics: ColleenBonney.smugmug.com

*Thanks to Boolsacho for the avatar photo (from the dgrin portrait project)