Options

Wedding -- July 29

leebaseleebase Registered Users Posts: 630 Major grins
edited July 31, 2006 in Weddings
85009031-M.jpg

I left some of these in color this time -- even though I was the "photo journalist" in a two shooter wedding. Of course -- this particular shot is not photo journalism -- it's posed.

85008801-M.jpg

I don't know what it is about mirror shots -- but I like them.

85009174-M.jpg

The main photographer is setting up his shots and I'm getting "alternate angles" -- which most of the time is a bummer for me -- but once in awhile I really like the "alternate angle".

85009362-M.jpg

My main job as pj is to get shots that "tell the story" of the day. Like this one -- showing the groom's impatience.

85009453-M.jpg

And of course -- the story of "joy" on the wedding day.

Gallery

Lee

Comments

• Options
    NappaloniaNappalonia Registered Users Posts: 96 Big grins
    edited July 31, 2006
    Nice series, I really like the last one, they really look happythumb.gif
    http://nappalonia.smugmug.com/gallery/580776

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    20D :clap
    Canon
    18-55
    85 1.8 :wink
    Tamron
    28-75 2.8
    Sigma
    70-300 DG APO Macro
    30 1.4:thumb
  • Options
    DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2006
    Nice series. I love the last one as well. Wonderful expressions.
  • Options
    jerryrjerryr Registered Users Posts: 595 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2006
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited July 31, 2006
    Crop that trash can out of the grooms impatience shot. Great pics. the look on the brides face in #3 is great.
  • Options
    leebaseleebase Registered Users Posts: 630 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2006
    truth wrote:
    Crop that trash can out of the grooms impatience shot. Great pics. the look on the brides face in #3 is great.

Not a bad idea. And thanks to all for the feedback. I got some decent shots of the groom -- which is nice considering that I really didn't "click" that well with him. The bride was a real treat to work with.

85009927-M.jpg

He has "movie star" good looks. I kept trying to think of what actor he reminded me of.

85009860-M.jpg

I was the second shooter on this wedding -- so I didn't get much "my time" with the b&g -- but I did set up this shot and the next which I was pleased with.

85009833-M.jpg

Well...I'm not super thrilled with her expression in this shot. And next time I'll have the groom sit further down the wall....and not use so wide of an aperture. At this aperture, the groom practically dissapears. But -- like I said -- I had to squeeze these shots in while the other photog was momentarily busy.

Lee