Options

Nephew's Wedding Celebration

DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
edited July 31, 2006 in Weddings
My nephew eloped a few months ago and they had a wedding celebration a couple of weeks ago. It was great to see a lot of family that I had not seen in awhile. I only see a lot of them at weddings or funerals and this was definitely the better of the two. I took a lot of pictures. Here are a few of them. C&C welcome. I am trying to learn how to post process and still don't feel confident in my ability to determine what makes a good photograph.

This is where the celebration took place

84763129-L.jpg

Here is the nephew that got married and his wife (It is a bit blurry, but the best I had)

84765319-L.jpg

My aunt

84763715-L.jpg

These are his friends that provided the music

84765582-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2006
    I recon they are great david thumb.gif What a pleasent looking setting for a wedding.
  • Options
    edited July 30, 2006
    gus wrote:
    I recon they are great david thumb.gif What a pleasent looking setting for a wedding.

Thanks Gus. It truly was a very beautiful setting.
  • Options
    photofreakphotofreak Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2006
    I really like the last one...it looks so warm and inviting (a bit soft). Really like the one of the neice and nephew...love the look on her face. Your compostiton is great in the first, third and, last photo. The shot of the dad holding the neice would look better if his arm wasn't cut off. How lucky for you to be in such a beautiful setting!
    Were you the sole photographer? Gotta love those family gigs. Your pics are great, DavidS
    Mandi
    Mandi :shay
    www.mandraleephotography.com

Life is a compromise of what your ego wants to do, what experience tells you to do, and what your nerves let you do.
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,910 moderator
    edited July 31, 2006
    You've captured some nice stuff here!

Good work.

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    leebaseleebase Registered Users Posts: 630 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2006
    Nice shots -- I'm sure they'll be very greatful for them.

Lee
  • Options
    edited July 31, 2006
    photofreak wrote:
    I really like the last one...it looks so warm and inviting (a bit soft). Really like the one of the neice and nephew...love the look on her face. Your compostiton is great in the first, third and, last photo. The shot of the dad holding the neice would look better if his arm wasn't cut off. How lucky for you to be in such a beautiful setting!
    Were you the sole photographer? Gotta love those family gigs. Your pics are great, DavidS
    Mandi

Thanks for the critique and the kind words. Your feedback really helps. I don't have much confidence in my ability to tell a good photograph from a fair one yet.

There were other people taking pictures with some decent cameras. I was just doing it for the fun of it, not in an official capacity. They did not have a professional photographer.
  • Options
    edited July 31, 2006
    leebase wrote:
    Nice shots -- I'm sure they'll be very greatful for them.

Lee

Thanks for the feedback Lee. I appreciate it.
  • Options
    edited July 31, 2006
    ian408 wrote:
    You've captured some nice stuff here!

Good work.

Ian

Thanks Ian. I appreciate your feedback.
  • Options
    John DesjarlaisJohn Desjarlais Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited July 31, 2006
    I actually really like the first shot. So sharp and rich, and almost painterly. Only problem is the very white sky, but not much to do about that. Hard to get those "shots of the venue" looking so good as this.
    John Desjarlais
    macrophile.smugmug.com
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited July 31, 2006
    Love the series. Well done.
  • Options
    edited July 31, 2006
    I actually really like the first shot. So sharp and rich, and almost painterly. Only problem is the very white sky, but not much to do about that. Hard to get those "shots of the venue" looking so good as this.

Thanks John. I didn't like the white sky either. I almost didn't post it for that reason, but it was the best shot I had of the setting, which was beautiful. I took mostly people shots and got very few of the surroundings.
  • Options
    edited July 31, 2006
    truth wrote:
    Love the series. Well done.

Thanks. I appreciate the kind words.