Welcome to the SmugMug Pro Sales Support Forum!

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited December 6, 2013 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Here's where our Pros can get down and dirty with questions, discussion, comments on:
  • Event Marketing
  • Coupons
  • Packages
  • Selling on SmugMug
  • Custom Pro Pricing
  • CNAME - Using Your Own Domain
  • Printing
  • Digital Downloads
  • Watermarking
  • Image Protection
  • Proof Delayed Shipping
  • Backprinting
  • Sales reporting, payment
  • and more!

Keep in mind that we'll still use the other forums here on Dgrin for all sorts of stuff that relates to pros, too, namely:

SmugMug Support where you'll find all general support

SmugMug Customization for all your customizing needs

Mind Your Own Business for the business of pro photography

Anything we can do to help you further your sales efforts, this is the place to ask!

Comments

• James SJames S Registered Users Posts: 439 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2006
    Awesome addition. Now maybe we can offer photo packages soonthumb.gif
  • aporiaaporia Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2006
    Great addition. Thanks, Andy.thumb.gif
    Tom in Niagara (CAN/US)
    Real Body Integrated Arts
    GMT -5
  • Flying M ServicesFlying M Services Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited April 11, 2007
    CNAME help
    When I log on to my site using www.mycname.com I dont get my bio photo, if I log on to www.mycname.smugmug.com it does come up. If I log on the click on my home page nav link then it will come up, but I would like it to come up when my visters log on.headscratch.gif
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2007
    When I log on to my site using www.mycname.com I dont get my bio photo, if I log on to www.mycname.smugmug.com it does come up. If I log on the click on my home page nav link then it will come up, but I would like it to come up when my visters log on.headscratch.gif
    Hi, we need your real site name to help you :)

wave.gif welcome!
  • ! Saltwater Photography! Saltwater Photography Registered Users Posts: 116 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2007
    Cname
    Andy wrote:
    Hi, we need your real site name to help you :)

wave.gif welcome!

Hi Andy,

I am having some trouble setting up a CNAME record, as I have recently changed my webhost (it was working successfully before that). My new web host is www.smartyhost.com.au

They say they have set up a CNAME of images.saltwaterphotography.com pointing to the server www.smugmug.com and I have made the appropriate adjustment in my smugmug control panel however it doesn't seem to be working.

Can you help..??

Luke
    Luke Kneale
    www.luke-k.com
    edited April 12, 2007
    Hi Andy,

I am having some trouble setting up a CNAME record, as I have recently changed my webhost (it was working successfully before that). My new web host is www.smartyhost.com.au

They say they have set up a CNAME of images.saltwaterphotography.com pointing to the server www.smugmug.com and I have made the appropriate adjustment in my smugmug control panel however it doesn't seem to be working.

Can you help..??

Luke
    duplicate posting, already answered your other post :D
  • vegasphotogvegasphotog Registered Users Posts: 114 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2007
    I search around a bit....but, is there a way to FTP up my images to the server/my pro account?
  • rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2007
    akphotog wrote:
    I search around a bit....but, is there a way to FTP up my images to the server/my pro account?
    Unfortunately there is not.

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • vegasphotogvegasphotog Registered Users Posts: 114 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2007
    Unfortunately there is not.

Sebastian

Ok..thanks for the reply!rolleyes1.gif
  • TaraTara Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited June 22, 2007
    CNAME and my smugmug site
    Hi,

I am in the process of creating a CNAME but I do not want to say goodbye to my >>>.smugmug.com Can I have both??:D and if so, do I need to do anything?

Thanks,
    T
    Andy wrote:
    Here's where our Pros can get down and dirty with questions, discussion, comments on:
    • Selling on SmugMug
    • Custom Pro Pricing
    • Printing
    • Digital Downloads
    • Watermarking
    • Image Protection
    • Proof Delayed Shipping
    • Backprinting
    • and more!
    Keep in mind that we'll still use the other forums here on Dgrin for all sorts of stuff that relates to pros, too, namely:

Anything we can do to help you further your sales efforts, this is the place to ask!
    edited June 25, 2007
    Tara wrote:
    Hi,

I am in the process of creating a CNAME but I do not want to say goodbye to my >>>.smugmug.com Can I have both??:D and if so, do I need to do anything?

Thanks,
    T
    Hi Tara, both will always work thumb.gif
  • MandyBondsMandyBonds Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited January 31, 2008
    Shoping Cart Question?
    Andy wrote:
    • Selling on SmugMug
    • Custom Pro Pricing
    • Printing
    • Digital Downloads
    • Watermarking
    • Image Protection
    • Proof Delayed Shipping
    • Backprinting
    • and more!

I have a smugmug site and a photobiz site. I was wanting to know if I can somehow make my shopping cart through smugmug link to photobiz shopping cart, so that I can use the lab of my choice. Is there any way to do this? All of my client galleries are on my smugmug site, and these are the photographs that I am interested in selling. Thanks, in advance for any help that you may be able to give. The website I am using is www.mandybonds.com
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator
    edited February 1, 2008
    MandyBonds wrote:
    I have a smugmug site and a photobiz site. I was wanting to know if I can somehow make my shopping cart through smugmug link to photobiz shopping cart, so that I can use the lab of my choice. Is there any way to do this? All of my client galleries are on my smugmug site, and these are the photographs that I am interested in selling. Thanks, in advance for any help that you may be able to give. The website I am using is www.mandybonds.com
    The only way that I'm aware of where you can sell on your smugmug site and direct the fulfillment elsewhere is to set up a mechanism for selecting photos via something like Google Checkout or Paypal. You would have to place the orders to the photo processing site yourself. I just did a search in the customization forum for "google checkout" and came up with quite a few threads.

I'm pretty sure that there are feature requests for outside fulfillment, but you might want to add your request to the features request thread in the smugmug support forum.

--- Denise
  • MandyBondsMandyBonds Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited February 1, 2008
    The only way that I'm aware of where you can sell on your smugmug site and direct the fulfillment elsewhere is to set up a mechanism for selecting photos via something like Google Checkout or Paypal. You would have to place the orders to the photo processing site yourself. I just did a search in the customization forum for "google checkout" and came up with quite a few threads. Here are the results of my search (done on 2/1/08, so if you're looking at this days later you may be better off repeating the search) - http://www.dgrin.com/search.php?searchid=855278.

I'm pretty sure that there are feature requests for outside fulfillment, but you might want to add your request to the features request thread in the smugmug support forum.

--- Denise

Denise,
    Thank you for your help! wings.gifwings.gif I already have a merchant account to accept the payment. What I am wanting to do is somehow link the pictures in my smugmug client galleries to my photobiz shopping cart so that I can place the orders myself through Millers lab. So when a customer clicks buy photo instead of it bringing it to the smug mug shopping cart it http://s3.amazonaws.com/advrider/wings.gifwould bring them to my other shopping cart. Does anyone know if this is possible? I saw somewhere where Andy wrote that in order to fulfill your own orders you had to have you own cart. But I am not sure how to make it work. Thanks for you response!
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator
    edited February 1, 2008
    MandyBonds wrote:
    Denise,
    Thank you for your help! wings.gifwings.gif I already have a merchant account to accept the payment. What I am wanting to do is somehow link the pictures in my smugmug client galleries to my photobiz shopping cart so that I can place the orders myself through Millers lab. So when a customer clicks buy photo instead of it bringing it to the smug mug shopping cart it http://s3.amazonaws.com/advrider/wings.gifwould bring them to my other shopping cart. Does anyone know if this is possible? I saw somewhere where Andy wrote that in order to fulfill your own orders you had to have you own cart. But I am not sure how to make it work. Thanks for you response!
    Mandy -
    When a customer clicks buy photo they will be taken to the smugmug shopping cart. There currently isn't any other option.

You can add a checkout button to checkout via something like google checkout or paypal, but you will have to process the orders for your lab yourself. Do a search for "google checkout" in the customization forum and take a look at some of the threads in the results. I think that should give you an idea of how other people are handling things like this.

--- Denise
  • PhotobycatePhotobycate Registered Users Posts: 127 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2008
    Sale not showing
    Hello,

A client of mine purchased two photos from my gallery. She received them on 4/30, but I do not see the sales listed under my pro stats. ne_nau.gif

FYI, my client was very pleased with the customer service from Smugmug and the way the photos were packaged and the quick turn around time. thumb.gif

Thanks,
    edited May 2, 2008
    Hello,

A client of mine purchased two photos from my gallery. She received them on 4/30, but I do not see the sales listed under my pro stats. ne_nau.gif

FYI, my client was very pleased with the customer service from Smugmug and the way the photos were packaged and the quick turn around time. thumb.gif

Thanks,
    Hi Cate, thanks!

Are you sure the sale was pro priced? Send an email to our support heroes http://www.smugmug.com/help/emailreal, and let us research it - we'll need your client's name, and email address to find the order.

Sounds like you'll want to triple-check your pro pricing, and make sure you have no items at default prices, which we won't report on to you.

Here's our help page:
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/print-pricing
  • PhotobycatePhotobycate Registered Users Posts: 127 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2008
    Yikes! No I have all of my pricing as default. I am changing that now. I didn't read the "gotcha", darn it.

I'm changing the pricing to pro now.

Thanks,

Cate

Andy wrote:
    Hi Cate, thanks!

Are you sure the sale was pro priced? Send an email to our support heroes http://www.smugmug.com/help/emailreal, and let us research it - we'll need your client's name, and email address to find the order.

Sounds like you'll want to triple-check your pro pricing, and make sure you have no items at default prices, which we won't report on to you.

Here's our help page:
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/print-pricing
  • kolshotskolshots Registered Users Posts: 131 Major grins
    edited September 20, 2008
    are you going to be adding?
    is there a way we can offer a discount to people wow by so much and also is there a way we can do packages like 5x7 and wallets and 8x10 thank you
    heidi
    Heidi Lagao
    kolshots.com
    edited September 20, 2008
    kolshots wrote:
    is there a way we can offer a discount to people wow by so much and also is there a way we can do packages like 5x7 and wallets and 8x10 thank you
    heidi
    Hi Heidi, working on those - we don't have 'em yet. Be sure and subscribe to the RSS feed to our Release Notes: http://blogs.smugmug.com/release-notes/
    so you don't miss any new announcements by us!
  • kelleejeandesignskelleejeandesigns Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited October 7, 2008
    Photo Cards
    Andy wrote:
    • Selling on SmugMug
    • Custom Pro Pricing
    • Printing
    • Digital Downloads
    • Watermarking
    • Image Protection
    • Proof Delayed Shipping
    • Backprinting
    • and more!

Hi Andy,

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but it's worth a shot.

I just now realized that my clients cannot order their own photo cards. Is this true? Is there anyway they can?? Or can only I, the Pro User??

Will this ever be an option for the future? It would be a great one!!!!!!

Thanks!
    kellee
    www.kelleejeandesigns.smugmug.com
    edited October 7, 2008
    ditto
    kolshots wrote:
    heidi

Hi Heidi

I actually had the same question. I thought it would be cool to set my prices a tiny bit higher than normal, then be able to offer my clients a "discount code". This would be a great thing!

I also would love to see packages.

I am also extremely bummed that my clients cannot order their own photo cards!

Heidi, who do you order prints like packages and such now through? I am trying to decide if I should stick with smugmug or use a different lab..... such a tough decision.

Would love to hear comments!

kellee
    edited October 8, 2008
    photo cards 2
    Hi Andy,

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but it's worth a shot.

I just now realized that my clients cannot order their own photo cards. Is this true? Is there anyway they can?? Or can only I, the Pro User??

Will this ever be an option for the future? It would be a great one!!!!!!

Thanks!
    kellee

I just did some further research, and it looks like my client CAN order photo cards ONLY if the image size is large enough. When I exported the image I made sure it was the amount of pixels suggested, but it is still saying that it is not large enough.

What can I do to make sure my image is large enough to be made into a photo card??

Thank you
    kellee
  • bmgbmg Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited March 27, 2009
    Packages
    Hello,

I was wondering if we can do packages and customize them. If so, is there a tutorial on it.

Thanks
    bmg
    edited March 27, 2009
    bmg wrote:
    Hello,

I was wondering if we can do packages and customize them. If so, is there a tutorial on it.

Thanks
    bmg
    Not yet but soon - we're actively working on them right now http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=120058
  • takeflightphototakeflightphoto Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2010
    RSS feed addy?
    Andy,

I just tried to put the address: http://blogs.smugmug.com/release-notes/ into the RSS Feed Reader in Windows Live Mail and I got the error message: http://blogs.smugmug.com/release-notes/ is not a valid RSS Feed

Any suggestions?
    edited January 23, 2010
    Andy,

I just tried to put the address: http://blogs.smugmug.com/release-notes/ into the RSS Feed Reader in Windows Live Mail and I got the error message: http://blogs.smugmug.com/release-notes/ is not a valid RSS Feed

Any suggestions?
    Yup. Bottom of page is the rss link. Looks like this:

feed://http:blogs.smugmug.com/release-notes/feed/
  • takeflightphototakeflightphoto Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2010
    Andy wrote:
    Yup. Bottom of page is the rss link. Looks like this:

feed://http//blogs.smugmug.com/release-notes/feed/

AHA! thanks, Andy.

PS...it needs a : after the http to work.
  • dtg56dtg56 Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited March 9, 2010
    Gallery Help
    Im attempting to set up a gallery of several of my albums, the only thing that I have come up with inside the gallery that I have made is the names of the albums very small on the side of the page. I have been attempting to make a page that shows the different albums with say a sample photo in the album. Can you please help or provide me direction. The page is http://davegamblephotography.com/Pho...11259216_3X4ZS

Thank you

Dave
    <!-- / message -->
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,007 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2010
    dtg56 wrote:
    Im attempting to set up a gallery of several of my albums, the only thing that I have come up with inside the gallery that I have made is the names of the albums very small on the side of the page. I have been attempting to make a page that shows the different albums with say a sample photo in the album. Can you please help or provide me direction. The page is http://davegamblephotography.com/Pho...11259216_3X4ZS

Thank you

Dave
    <!-- / message -->
    Did you see the response here? Please don't post twice, especially in two different forums.
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?p=1344009#post1344009
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog