Options

Remote for D70, can it be found? (ML-L3)

mutineermutineer Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
edited November 16, 2004 in Accessories
Probably been covered before but does anyone know where I can buy one of these remotes?

No one has them in stock and they are back ordered at B&H for who knows how long?

Is there another solution?

Comments

• Options
    PerezDesignGroupPerezDesignGroup Registered Users Posts: 395 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2004
    mutineer wrote:
    Probably been covered before but does anyone know where I can buy one of these remotes?

No one has them in stock and they are back ordered at B&H for who knows how long?

Is there another solution?
    YES! There is!

http://www.robgalbraith.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=274955&Main=274868
    Canon Digital Rebel | Canon EOS 35mm | Yashica Electro GSN | Fed5B | Holga 35 MF

• Options
    edited November 15, 2004
    I saw that on a google for the Nikon part number.

I just can't find that remote on a website I trust enough to actually enter my CC number.

I am assuming with the PoGo solution you just do a code search until you hear the shutter. I think that is what they said in that thread.
  • Options
    edited November 16, 2004
    mutineer wrote:
    I am assuming with the PoGo solution you just do a code search until you hear the shutter. I think that is what they said in that thread.
    Exactly. Make sure you try the household remotes lying around first. A lot of the newer ones have universal capability. And RF frequencies aren't that big of a secret. I'm sure Nikon is using a common one to avoid issues with the FCC.
    Canon Digital Rebel | Canon EOS 35mm | Yashica Electro GSN | Fed5B | Holga 35 MF

• Options
    edited November 16, 2004
    Exactly. Make sure you try the household remotes lying around first. A lot of the newer ones have universal capability. And RF frequencies aren't that big of a secret. I'm sure Nikon is using a common one to avoid issues with the FCC.
    Thanks for the help so far,

I had assumed this thing was IR, it is an RF remote?
  • Options
    bikehikerbikehiker Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
    edited November 16, 2004
    I just ordered one for $18 from the odessa camera that was in that link. She said it would be mailed out today.
  • Options
    edited November 16, 2004
    mutineer wrote:
    Thanks for the help so far,

I had assumed this thing was IR, it is an RF remote?
    Oops...it is IR. Didn't see what I was typing there. :)