Options

Prepay for Photos?

jeffajeffa Registered Users Posts: 75 Big grins
edited August 5, 2006 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Hi,

Are there any options/plans/possibilites to allow prepay voucher sales for prints?

I tend to cover events, and to encourage visits to my site I am looking to sell prepay "vouchers" to event organisers (One shot free with your event entry concept) and at events to competitors.

In the checkout process the voucher would be credited against the cart contents based on what was paid for it.

Vouchers could be sold in the same way as prints with custom pricing.

Vouchers would have a validity period, so may generate revenue, with no back end costs.

Does anyone else think this stacks up?

Comments

• Options
    dragon300zxdragon300zx Registered Users Posts: 2,575 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2006
    It's a good idea. Basically a custom coupon. There has been talk about adding that kind of functionality to the pro accounts, but like picture packages it has not materialized yet. Might want to add this to the suggestions thread in the smug support forum. Here's hoping we see this soon. thumb.gif
    Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Do Not Have Film.
    www.zxstudios.com
    http://creativedragonstudios.smugmug.com
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2006
    Something we'd love to have, have been discussing it, too. No promises on if/when but it's a great suggestion and we thank you for it!
  • Options
    RonnellRonnell Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited August 5, 2006
    I hope this materializes... this would be an awesome feature! thumb.gif
  • Options
    Barefoot and NaturalBarefoot and Natural Registered Users Posts: 586 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2006
    Ronnell wrote:
    I hope this materializes... this would be an awesome feature! thumb.gif

Does this also count for credits? When I have a seesion at my home...part of the fee goes towards the cost of prints....but I end up holding their check until they purchased that amount of pictures and then rip up the check.....I have not seen where a credit can to be offered to someone as they are purchasing their pictures.