Things I'd like to be able to do with the API

ruttrutt Cave canem!Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
The API is very nice and clean as far as it goes. So now I'm hooked.
Here are some other things I'd like to be able to do, but which are not yet supported by the API:
  1. List photos in a gallery. It would be nice to get enough info to be able to identify a photo locally. So, in addition to the photoID, I'd like size in bytes, caption, filename, exif info, and a checksum. Perhaps calculating the checksum is too expensive, but the other stuff you do have.
  2. Control the sort order within a gallery. From the API, it should be possible to order arbitrarily.
  3. Customize the various gallery options. The API can do this when a gallery is created. Why not after the fact as well?
  4. Feature photo, gallery.
  5. Sort galleries.
  6. Move images between galleries. Copy images between galleries.
  7. Get statistics info.
If not now, when?

Comments

  • ruttrutt Cave canem! Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2004
    Turns out there are more gallery options than you can control with the API. What about sort order? Why can't this be controlled with createAlbum? And why can't these be changed with the API?
    If not now, when?
  • ruttrutt Cave canem! Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2004
    rutt wrote:
    Turns out there are more gallery options than you can control with the API. What about sort order? Why can't this be controlled with createAlbum? And why can't these be changed with the API?
    I was confused when I wrote this. Now that I understand it better, what I shold have said is that there should be more gallery options and you should be able to control them with the API. In particular, I think sort order should be a gallery option. So a gallery could have sort_order = filenames, for example.

    Given the way things are, I guess we just need a gallery sort API call.
    If not now, when?
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Crazy Creek Babe Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2004
    I would like to be able to move images between galleries.

    I have no idea re API, or most of the other stuff talked about, but it would help in cleaning up and consolidating my site to be able to move a photo from one gallery to another.

    ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • BaldyBaldy SmugMug co-founder Mountain View, CaRegistered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited November 15, 2004
    ginger_55 wrote:
    I would like to be able to move images between galleries.

    I have no idea re API, or most of the other stuff talked about, but it would help in cleaning up and consolidating my site to be able to move a photo from one gallery to another.

    ginger
    Hi Ginger,

    Dunno if you've seen this or not, but just in case:

    http://www.smugmug.com/help/splitting-galleries
  • DoctorItDoctorIt vrooom! Administrators Posts: 11,950 moderator
    edited November 15, 2004
    ginger_55 wrote:
    I would like to be able to move images between galleries.

    I have no idea re API, or most of the other stuff talked about, but it would help in cleaning up and consolidating my site to be able to move a photo from one gallery to another.

    ginger
    I think Baldy answered this, but unless its different in a pro account, moving images between galleries is quite simple. Its one of the options in the menu under each image (in elegant mode).

    ne_nau.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

  • ginger_55ginger_55 Crazy Creek Babe Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2004
    Great thanks to both of you for the info! I always feel like such an idiot, but I have learned a lot asking questions I should know the answer to. If that makes any sense.

    So, I can only say, OH!

    And thanks muchly,

    ginger bowdown.gif
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • DoctorItDoctorIt vrooom! Administrators Posts: 11,950 moderator
    edited November 17, 2004
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Great thanks to both of you for the info! I always feel like such an idiot, but I have learned a lot asking questions I should know the answer to. If that makes any sense.

    So, I can only say, OH!

    And thanks muchly,

    ginger bowdown.gif
    If you get brave, try the move photos "expert"... thumb.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

Sign In or Register to comment.