Options

help?

lambadlambad Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
edited November 17, 2004 in The Dgrin Challenges
ummmmm......, being as i'm such a nincompoop nutsoid newbie ninny with digital grin, can someone tell me what i should do to: a) submit a photo for a challenge critique (before actually entering it into the challenge), and b) actually submit the photo into the challenge. :D thank you.

Comments

• Options
    Head in the CloudsHead in the Clouds Registered Users Posts: 376 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2004
    Hi Lambad,
    I know what you mean, it takes a while to find your way around dgrin, but once you do it is really easy!
    Down the bottom on your screen you can 'jump forums'. Go to the 'dgrin challenge forum'. In there Andy puts a 'thread' every 2 weeks with a heading like "challenge 26, in your house" etc. If you go in there he's given a quick summary of what is expected during that challenge. That is where you lodge your actual entry. (see the rules thread for more on the rules).
    If you want to submit a thread showing some of your 'potential entries', you just make a new thread in that forum called, say, "Challenge 26 - Lambad's house" or something like that. Then you post your piccies in there and people will comment on them and let you know what you need to do to improve or what ever ..... also check out where you can vote for the next challenges and vote for the winner of the last challenge etc......

Hope this helps. I'm sure Andy has some wonderful link he will share with you which puts it all really simply.

Cheers.thumb.gif

Canon EOS 30D
    Sigma 10-20
    Canon 75-300 f4-5.6
    Canon 18-55
    Canon 50 f1.8
    Canon 430EX
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2004
    For the next week and a half, it is inside your house, dwelling place. Just do what you did. Only instead of help put *Challenge 26 IAMBAD's house, then put the photos you want critiqued.

To post photos, ask someone else, or keep trying. I finally learned to do mine from smugmug, that is really easy, but start your thread. Then if you don't know how to post a photo, after you have tried, post that you can't and what you tried, on your house thread.

Or PM (private message) Andy. Just play around until find what you can do, then ask about what you can't.

You did good getting your "help" message here, and it is very clear.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    edited November 16, 2004
    AussieKate and Ginger_55 -- I have seen Andy's challenge rules, and have posted one or two photos to Dgrin so far. Was just kinda hazy about which person or thread or "new thread" to use for critiques and the actual challenge. You have both helped. Thanks!
  • Options
    edited November 16, 2004
    Oops... sorry, one last question. I'll be going into Andy's Challenge 26 thread to post photos for critiquing. Also to post the one photo I want to enter into the Challenge. How do I differentiate between the two? As simply as the title saying "Please critique" or "My Photo for Challenge 26"? ne_nau.gif thanks again.
  • Options
    miketaylor01miketaylor01 Registered Users Posts: 318 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2004
    Here is the deal on how to enter photos for qritique and for the challenge itself. I think someone stated the correct way below, but I will try to simplify it for you. In Andy's actual photo challenge thread you should never ever make an entry to that thread unless you are posting what you feel is your final entry for the challenge. Now you can always go back and change your entry by going to the bottom right corner of the frame whre your entry appears in the challenge thread and click on edit and just swap photos.

Now for letting people comment on your possibly entries prior to making an entry into the challenge itself. Do exactly the same thing you did to create this thread. When you get to the Photo challenges section from the main page click on the new thread icon to start your own thread. Just as Ginger and Kate stated below title it something like Challenger 26: Lambad's house or whatever challenge number it is for. Take a look at some of the other titles to get a good idea of what format might catch your eye to ge other people to look at yours. Then you can post as many pictures into your personal thread for that challenge and ask for peoples opinions on what you have so far and what they think might be good to enter for the challenge.

You will get the hang of it I am sure.. Just remember that andy's thread is only intended to give an explanation of the current challenge and to be the place where final entries are made. Comments on peoples photos are made into their personal challenge entry thread. Good luck with finding new and interesting things in your house. Cant wait to see what you come up with.
    Mike

Sigma SD9, SD14, and DP1
    http://miketaylor.giph.com
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2004
    lambad wrote:
    Oops... sorry, one last question. I'll be going into Andy's Challenge 26 thread to post photos for critiquing. Also to post the one photo I want to enter into the Challenge. How do I differentiate between the two? As simply as the title saying "Please critique" or "My Photo for Challenge 26"? ne_nau.gif thanks again.

What Mike said. Don't post photos in Andy's thread for critiquing. Only your final entry goes into Andy's thread.

For critiquing, start your own thread, and begin the thread title with the challenge number, e.g. "Challenge 26 iambad Photos."
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au