Options

chall.26 In the house Photocat

photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
edited November 17, 2004 in The Dgrin Challenges
I experimented in the house a bit. I still have so much to learn about my camera. Right now, I don't find the right settings for the bracketing. It is in the book, I can read about it, but I have no clue about what settings are for which symbol. Grrrr.
Anyway, I experimented with running water today, and took a shot from my upper shelf of my little bathroom shelving unit.
Do you guys think this is according to the challenge or shall I just bin them?
(I don't play to win, I play to learn more). Those challenges make me stretch out soooo far out of my comfort zone, meaning camera on automatic. :D:D

11308809-L.jpg

11308710-L.jpg

11308762-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2004
    all i'm gonna say is

challenge starts at 12:01am monday (nyc time!)

i like your sense of creativity :D
  • Options
    edited November 15, 2004
    andy wrote:
    all i'm gonna say is

challenge starts at 12:01am monday (nyc time!)

i like your sense of creativity :D

Yep Andy, I totally forgot about the hour... No biggie. I still have to work on them anyway. (I mean, reshoot, not PS)
    Thanks for the nice compliment. I see myself as anything BUT creative. rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2004
    Yours give me hope to work on mine, maybe. Andy's scared the beejesus out of me. I have always wanted a house with a nice table, etc. Like his. Three sacks lined up.

I can bracket, I just ............ don't have anything to photograph. I was going to do mold. I thought it would be a nice abstract, but after seeing Andy's well, I don't want to show my mold.

ginger, who doesn't even know what to do with a pile of jeans. Of which I have in all different sizes. I suppose I could pile them.ne_nau.gif
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    edited November 15, 2004
    ginger, who doesn't even know what to do with a pile of jeans. Of which I have in all different sizes. I suppose I could pile them.ne_nau.gif

fold them all with the fold nicely lined up Ginger, in a nice stack, and go macro...
    Mold with your macro can be very interesting.
    What about a shot through the window of your office or where you work?
    We are not all Andy's in this world...
    Give us fourty years and we will be as good as him, I am sure... rolleyes1.gif
    Walk through your house with your macro lens on the camera, and look at things closely. You will be amazed at what you find in the house...
    What is in your fridge for instance???
    Go girl, give us something!!! thumb.gif
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2004
    Photocat, thank you for the kind words,rolleyes1.gif , excuse me, just had to laugh, in 40 years I will be dead. I will be 65 on Saturday, may be hanging on now, but doubt that I will be doing much moving in 40, uh, years, rolleyes1.gif . Now I am just rolling across the page, just noticed that.

In my refrigerator, better go macro in there, too. I have a photo of my dog and wall, going to print out Andy's instructions, put it in ps and look at it. I had a friend whose house looked like Andy's table. She was perfect. Laughing.gif I need a wife, really need a wife.

gingerrolleyes1.gif:D

Oh, I don't work. I am going to my daughter's for Thanksgiving weekend, but I think it has to be my house. (Shhh, I think I might have a macro lens, they say they are, but I can't get them to work, I have ignored that part, shhhh don't tell.)
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2004
    photocat wrote:

fold them all with the fold nicely lined up Ginger, in a nice stack, and go macro...
    Mold with your macro can be very interesting.
    What about a shot through the window of your office or where you work?
    We are not all Andy's in this world...
    Give us fourty years and we will be as good as him, I am sure... rolleyes1.gif
    Walk through your house with your macro lens on the camera, and look at things closely. You will be amazed at what you find in the house...
    What is in your fridge for instance???
    Go girl, give us something!!! thumb.gif
    Good goin' Photocat. You really have an imagination. Can't wait to see some more of your shots.
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog