Options

Recommendations for posters?

camblercambler Registered Users Posts: 277 Major grins
edited August 8, 2006 in Mind Your Own Business
The only larger sizes I see at SmugMug are for photographic prints, and I need to get posters printed. 18x24, and possibly even 24x32.

Does anyone have a recommendation? I'm looking for 4-color process, one side, 100# paper, no coating, in the Q500 or Q1000 range.

Comments

• Options
    aktseaktse Registered Users Posts: 1,928 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2006
    cambler wrote:
    The only larger sizes I see at SmugMug are for photographic prints, and I need to get posters printed. 18x24, and possibly even 24x32.

Does anyone have a recommendation? I'm looking for 4-color process, one side, 100# paper, no coating, in the Q500 or Q1000 range.

I can't say anything about the quality or the process, but they seem have to have posters at a decent price. Maybe you can contact them for more info...

winkflash

I know people seem happy with their prints and the prices seem very good.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2006
    Chris,

www.bigposters.com SUPER outfit.
  • Options
    camblercambler Registered Users Posts: 277 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2006
    aktse wrote:
    I can't say anything about the quality or the process, but they seem have to have posters at a decent price. Maybe you can contact them for more info...

winkflash
    $11.95 for an 18x24 poster is a little steep. GotPrint.com can do that in Q1000 for about 45 cents per unit. But GotPrint.com only guarantees 85% color match, hence the reason I'm looking for someplace else. But anything over 85 cents per unit at Q1000 is out of the ballpark.

That $11.95 is not for a poster, even though they call it a poster. It's for a large photo print.
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,871 moderator
    edited August 8, 2006
    cambler wrote:
    $11.95 for an 18x24 poster is a little steep. GotPrint.com can do that in Q1000 for about 45 cents per unit. But GotPrint.com only guarantees 85% color match, hence the reason I'm looking for someplace else. But anything over 85 cents per unit at Q1000 is out of the ballpark.

That $11.95 is not for a poster, even though they call it a poster. It's for a large photo print.

Chris,

They also do offset printing to 28" x 40", but you have to get a quote, because price will depend partly on how much prep you need from them. If you supply a PDF to their spec, they are probably reasonable for runs of 1000. Color will vary a bit during the run, because it is a true printing process, so that "85%" accuracy you mention before is probably more typical of the process, and then it is very subjective. Only digital processes give more control, at considerably more expense.

http://www.bigposters.com/2000offset.html
    http://www.bigposters.com/2000fileprep.html

ziggy53
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums