Options

IBM Thinkpad T40

imaximax Registered Users Posts: 691 Major grins
edited August 8, 2006 in Digital Darkroom
I have the opportunity to pick one of these up for a good price with all the bells and whistles and accessories. Anyone using this model or similar interested in sharing their thoughts on them? Thanks in advance for your comments.

Joe

Comments

• Options
    photodougphotodoug Registered Users Posts: 870 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2006
    imax wrote:
    I have the opportunity to pick one of these up for a good price with all the bells and whistles and accessories. Anyone using this model or similar interested in sharing their thoughts on them? Thanks in advance for your comments.

Joe

ask away...
  • Options
    ultravoxultravox Registered Users Posts: 776 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2006
    ...Lenovo ? :D
    If the price is right :): and if it is in good condition, IMO buy it.
    Cristian.
    [SIZE=-1]It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice. - John Lennon.[/SIZE]
  • Options
    ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2006
    I've been using my T41p for over 2 years now. The only problem I have had is that the network port died and had to be replaced.

It's a great medium-weight, high power (at the time) laptop. My version has a 128 Meg ATI Mobility Fire GL2 graphics card, 1 Gig RAM, CD-RW/DVD Drive, and 60 Gig hard disk.

My biggest complaint is that the DVI port on the port replicator will not support 1600x1200 resolution. So I run my external monitor with the Analog connection. Not a big deal, you just lose a bit of digital crispness.

It's been a great machine for me.
    Chris