Options

one way to recruit a new member ...

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited November 17, 2004 in Finishing School
i'm going to ask all of you to lure luben solev over here to dgrin :D

here's an example of his fine work. he shoots, believe it or not, with a sony f717, and kicks serious butt with it. he's a master at nightshooting, stacking, stitching, and low-light, slow shutter work.

here's a bit of tutorial that i highly recommend.

so let's hear it? luuuuuuuuben! luuuuuuuuuuben!

c'mon over to dgrin :lol3

Comments

• Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,913 moderator
    edited November 2, 2004
    andy wrote:

here's an example of his fine work. he shoots, believe it or not, with a sony f717, and kicks serious butt with it. he's a master at nightshooting, stacking, stitching, and low-light, slow shutter work.

c'mon over to dgrin lol3.gif
    Luben Solev! Come on down!

Behind door number one...

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2004
    Luben, I bookmarked you before I even knew you. Come share your goodness!
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2004
    andy wrote:

c'mon over to dgrin lol3.gif
    Luben, Luben, he's our man, if he can't do it, no one can! Yaaaayyyy Luben!
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
  • Options
    edited November 2, 2004
    Hey Luben, how did you create the radial yellow in this tip? It looks lovely. But I'm not sure how to do the radial thing.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
  • Options
    lubenluben Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
    edited November 2, 2004
    OK, OK,

I've been forced to join yet another forum :-) Between this, DPReview, Photo Malaysia (I'm going on holiday there & doing some research) and photo.net it looks like I'll be spending my days on forums instead of shooting.

But seriously, a big THANKS to Andy for the invite and a thank you to ian408, wxwax and Shay for the kind words.

I'm at work now, so I can't chat, but I will come online again this evening and properly introduce myself.

All the best

Luben
    >>>> Luben - www.solev.net <<<<
  • Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2004
    Hi Luben,

Welcome to DGrin thumb.gif
  • Options
    DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2004
    Welcome Luben! I took just a quick glance at your website and wow, it's really great. I look forward to having another guru to learn from! bowdown.gifclap.gif
  • Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited November 2, 2004
    Hiya Luben wave.gif

That Andy is one persuasive dude huh? I'm glad you accepted his invitation clap.gif

This place (and it's members) is so nice and so much slower than some of the other forums. I like the relaxed pace and the lack of confrontation (or trolls ;-)

Welcome Luben, and I hope you enjoy DGrin as much as I do and I'm looking forward to seeing many posts from you in the future thumb.gif

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited November 2, 2004
    Thanks a lot Gubbs, DJ-S1 and Steve,

You sure know how to make a new guy feel welcome. Thanks for looking at my site. It is nothing spectacular, but is growing slowly. I need to get more prolific as a photographer (Andy springs to mind here). Hopefully the pourchase of a 20D will get me to carry it with me wherever I go.

Well to say thank you for the warm words of encouragement, here is one of my latest shots taken in Brighton last Sunday using my trusty DSC-F717 (the 20D is not here yet).

http://www.pbase.com/luben/image/35819807

All the best

Luben
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2004
    luben wrote:
    OK, OK,

I've been forced to join yet another forum :-) Between this, DPReview, Photo Malaysia (I'm going on holiday there & doing some research) and photo.net it looks like I'll be spending my days on forums instead of shooting.

But seriously, a big THANKS to Andy for the invite and a thank you to ian408, wxwax and Shay for the kind words.

I'm at work now, so I can't chat, but I will come online again this evening and properly introduce myself.

All the best

Luben
    Hi Luben wave.gif Glad you came over!! I haven't seen any of your work yet (just got in from the Arizona Desert) but am looking forward to it.. Welcome!!!!
    Lynn
  • Options
    edited November 2, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    Hey Luben, how did you create the radial yellow in this tip? It looks lovely. But I'm not sure how to do the radial thing.
    Hi WXWAx and sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I use the radial gradient function in Photoshop. Select the gradient tool & then select the second type of gradient along the top toolbar. Then click & drag your mouse to define the radius of the circle (with the first point being the centre).

Hope that helps. If you are still having problems, send me an email and I'll send you a screenshot.

All the best

Luben
  • Options
    edited November 2, 2004
    luben wrote:
    Hi WXWAx and sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I use the radial gradient function in Photoshop. Select the gradient tool & then select the second type of gradient along the top toolbar. Then click & drag your mouse to define the radius of the circle (with the first point being the centre).

Hope that helps. If you are still having problems, send me an email and I'll send you a screenshot.

All the best

Luben

I shall try it. Love what you did with that pier shot. Thanks for the tutorial. thumb.gif
    Sid.
  • Options
    edited November 2, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    Hi Luben wave.gif Glad you came over!! I haven't seen any of your work yet (just got in from the Arizona Desert) but am looking forward to it.. Welcome!!!!
    Lynn
    Thanks Lynn; and I'll be looking forward to your Arizona images. I loved what I saw in your Maine gallery. I've never been to Maine, but it sure looks like a beautiful place!!!

All the best

Luben
  • Options
    miketaylor01miketaylor01 Registered Users Posts: 318 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2004
    Welcome..
    Welcome to the forum luben. I look forward to seeing your stuff and another new perspective added to the forum. Everyone here is great and most helpful. I cant access your main site yet due to a bad internet connection on my end right now, but I was able to open the Brighton shots and they were great. Cant wait to be able to see the rest.
    Mike

Sigma SD9, SD14, and DP1
    http://miketaylor.giph.com
  • Options
    GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2004
    Welcome Luben...

Some VERY nice stuff in your gallery's

I am looking forward to seeing your work on a regular basis.
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2004
    luben wrote:
    Thanks a lot Gubbs, DJ-S1 and Steve,

You sure know how to make a new guy feel welcome. Thanks for looking at my site. It is nothing spectacular, but is growing slowly. I need to get more prolific as a photographer (Andy springs to mind here). Hopefully the pourchase of a 20D will get me to carry it with me wherever I go.

Well to say thank you for the warm words of encouragement, here is one of my latest shots taken in Brighton last Sunday using my trusty DSC-F717 (the 20D is not here yet).

http://www.pbase.com/luben/image/35819807

All the best

Luben

nice shot, Luben!

I followed the work up info, the post stuff, on that shot.......yesterday? On your site? WOW

g
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
    edited November 3, 2004
    Welcome, Luben..

Looking foreward to seeing more of your tutorials. Welcome to dgrin thumb.gif
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2004
    not holiday - how 'bout his WEDDING
    you soon-to-be-married guy, you!
    luben wrote:
    OK, OK,

All the best

Luben