Options

Problem Using Keywords

danhicokdanhicok Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
edited August 10, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I have keywords set on all my photos (www.danhicok.smugmug.com). When my customers click on a keyword, they should see all of the photos with that keyword, but they only see a few of them. For example my first keyword "Adelman" should associate 42 photos. But when you click on this keyword, only 16 photos show up. I have checked the keywords in all 42 photos and the keywords are correctly entered. Any ideas? Thanks, Dan

Comments

• Options
    bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited August 9, 2006
    danhicok wrote:
    I have keywords set on all my photos (www.danhicok.smugmug.com). When my customers click on a keyword, they should see all of the photos with that keyword, but they only see a few of them. For example my first keyword "Adelman" should associate 42 photos. But when you click on this keyword, only 16 photos show up. I have checked the keywords in all 42 photos and the keywords are correctly entered. Any ideas? Thanks, Dan
    if the images are in private galleries, they wont display on the keywords page.

also, it takes some time to index all the keywords so if you just entered them, it may take time for them all to show up.
    Pedal faster
  • Options
    PBolchoverPBolchover Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2006
    danhicok wrote:

Looks fine to me. Don't forget that if you are using the Smugmug style, there are several pages of results...
  • Options
    edited August 9, 2006
    bigwebguy wrote:
    if the images are in private galleries, they wont display on the keywords page.

also, it takes some time to index all the keywords so if you just entered them, it may take time for them all to show up.

Thanks for the response. They are all public galleries and they were uploaded a week ago.
  • Options
    edited August 9, 2006
    PBolchover wrote:
    Looks fine to me. Don't forget that if you are using the Smugmug style, there are several pages of results...

It looks fine to you? I only get a few pictures returned after clicking a keyword. In this case, it only returns 2 pages and 16 pictures. Do you get 42 pictures returned? Thanks
  • Options
    edited August 9, 2006
    danhicok wrote:
    It looks fine to you? I only get a few pictures returned after clicking a keyword. In this case, it only returns 2 pages and 16 pictures. Do you get 42 pictures returned? Thanks
    http://www.danhicok.smugmug.com/keyword/adelman
    i get 3 pages and 42 photos in smugmug view.

try clearing your cache.
    Pedal faster
  • Options
    edited August 9, 2006
    haha, this is funny. I was at your site last week looking at photos of a coworker!
    Pedal faster
  • Options
    edited August 9, 2006
    Got it
    I think I got it. For some reason you have to select "most recent" under "view". If you have inadvertently selected "most popular" it gives you a partial return.

Thanks everyone.

Dan
  • Options
    edited August 9, 2006
    bigwebguy wrote:
    haha, this is funny. I was at your site last week looking at photos of a coworker!

Hey that is funny. Who is it?
  • Options
    edited August 9, 2006
    danhicok wrote:
    Hey that is funny. Who is it?
    this guy
    Pedal faster
  • Options
    edited August 9, 2006
    bigwebguy wrote:

Cool. Justin did great. Thanks for your time on this - I just transitioned from another site for this event. Deginitely having some problems but think I might just get through :-)
  • Options
    sudermattsudermatt Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited August 9, 2006
    one more question
    OK, there are private, there are public, and either of these can be password protected.

Will keywords work on password protected, public galleries.

Are we going to get password protection at the picture level soon?
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2006
    sudermatt wrote:
    OK, there are private, there are public, and either of these can be password protected.

Will keywords work on password protected, public galleries.

Hi,

From SmugMug Help: "Gotcha: Keywords have no effect on private or password-protected galleries, even if you enter them."
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/keywords-tags
  • Options
    CindyCindy Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Hi,

From SmugMug Help: "Gotcha: Keywords have no effect on private or password-protected galleries, even if you enter them."
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/keywords-tags

FWIW: I would absolutly be thrilled to see keywords enabled for password protected pics "when" the customer has logged in. Meaning once they enter the password all galleries protected by that password would have keywords enabled. Is there any possible way to do this??? It would sure help our customers find what their looking for while still hiding their pics from the rest of the world. I could also see this as a tremendous benefit for those wanting to protect family photos while allowing them to search for specific family members, etc. iloveyou.gif Hopefully if this is possible it's being explored. And if it is possible would someone that knows how move this post to the feature requests?
    Cindy Colbert (Utterback) • Wishing You Co-Bear Love, Hugs & Laughter!!!