Options

trustworthy?

bikehikerbikehiker Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
edited November 18, 2004 in Flea Market
Hello all. I was just curious about buydig.com? has anyone ever ordered from them before? I'm buying a d70 and they seem legit and resonable but would like to hear from someone here before I give them that kind of money. or any others I may not know about.

Thanks,

Comments

• Options
    jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,005 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2004
    d70
    ck. out rebates from nixon before you take a chance they offer big ones from now thru dec. i had to return and exchance mine so ck out the price
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2004
    bikehiker wrote:
    Hello all. I was just curious about buydig.com? has anyone ever ordered from them before? I'm buying a d70 and they seem legit and resonable but would like to hear from someone here before I give them that kind of money. or any others I may not know about.

Thanks,

not bought from them but heard good things. check out reseller ratings
  • Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2004
    I bought an 8080 from them without any problems and at a good price, the ratings at the time (May 2004) were high... I would buy from them again!
  • Options
    cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2004
    andy wrote:
    not bought from them but heard good things. check out reseller ratings
    BTW: for a hoot look at the rating for Broadway Camera
    Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
    Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
    Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph
  • Options
    DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2004
    I used them once in the past without a problem. YMMV...
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2004
    I've used them without a problem. Can't remember what the item was: I think it may have been a 1GB Lexar CF card.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2004
    cmr164 wrote:
    BTW: for a hoot look at the rating for Broadway Camera
    rolleyes1.gif 0.06 How low can you go! It's a testimony to human greed that folks still shop at Broadway Photo.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    bikehikerbikehiker Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
    edited November 16, 2004
    Thanks for your help all. I tried placing my order this morning and when I hit the buy button it wouldn't let me do it. It wouldn't add to the cart or update price so I took this as an omin, and went to ritz. It should be here in 2-3 days. Its going to be a very long 3 days, but I've waited this long for a dslr. I can pace the floor for a couple more.
  • Options
    photobugphotobug Registered Users Posts: 633 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2004
    I bought a PowerShot G2 from BuyDig.com a couple of years ago and everything went smoothly. I was a little nervous, but their rating at http://wwwResellerRatings.com was comforting at the time. I'd buy from BuyDig again.

As another poster pointed out, ResellerRatings shows abominable scores for places like Broadway Photo, and Digital Liquidators, and (if I recall) A&M Photo -- all of which suspiciously have the same physical address. It's really worth checking the ratings at that web site.

I ignore the one-to-five-star ratings on the price-shopping web sites, because the ballot box is too easily "stuffed" by vendors on many of those or, in some cases, the site is owned by one or more vendors.
    Canon EOS 7D ........ 24-105 f/4L | 50 f/1.4 | 70-200 f/2.8L IS + 1.4x II TC ........ 580EX
    Supported by: Benro C-298 Flexpod tripod, MC96 monopod, Induro PHQ1 head
    Also play with: studio strobes, umbrellas, softboxes, ...and a partridge in a pear tree...