Options

Interesting "Problem"

Marc SMarc S Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
Here's one to think over:

I have a free roundtrip ticket to Moscow, Russia. I was suppose to go on a mission trip last year. However, Hurricane Rita cancelled it. I wasn't able to go on the rescheduled trip due to a scheduling conflict.

So....here I have this ticket for anywhere the airline will fly. I need to use it before Sept 1 of this year. Since it was purchased with church funds for a mission trip, I really feel it should be used for just that purpose. Therefore, I was thinking about flying somewhere and putting together a picture book on christian activities and mission. I'd like to sell the book with the proceeds going to pay back the church for the ticket. The rest of the earnings would go to the mission or activity covered. Then again, with all this mess going on in England, flying may be next to impossible.

I'd like to know any ideas you may have. Time is short. Any interesting ideas of what to cover or where to go?

Let me know

Marc S

Comments

• Options
    VichVich Registered Users Posts: 78 Big grins
    edited August 11, 2006
    5 years back I went to Equator. Personal (not commercial) rafting trip. Good friend guides there, 40th birthday. Flew into Qito (mispelled I'm sure, the Capital). Hooked up with a friend of a friend who happened to work for Peace Corps.

Very interesting place. Lots of change and hardship, but wonderful people. 80 cents would get you a bus trip across the country, and that's about what I did. Up the Andies. Met lots of college students backpacking, lots of climbing bums, cultish kayakers, etc.

Long story short, Airport closed on day out due to local volcano ash. I was stranded and this Christan Doctors Without Borders group took me in for the night (well, gave me a ride to the hotel they stayed at). Got a good chat with the guy running it all, an American who'de been there about 10 years. Owned a house and all.

There's gotta be an interesting story there. For that matter, contact them and I'm sure they'll use your ticket as a donation if you don't really want to go. However; the "free" promo your photos could provide may help their cause more in attracting more nurses and doctors. (note: I'm not Christian, but they seemed pretty cool about that and more focused on helping than converting folks, I really appreciated that).

Just an idea.
    Marc S wrote:
    Here's one to think over:

I have a free roundtrip ticket to Moscow, Russia. I was suppose to go on a mission trip last year. However, Hurricane Rita cancelled it. I wasn't able to go on the rescheduled trip due to a scheduling conflict.

So....here I have this ticket for anywhere the airline will fly. I need to use it before Sept 1 of this year. Since it was purchased with church funds for a mission trip, I really feel it should be used for just that purpose. Therefore, I was thinking about flying somewhere and putting together a picture book on christian activities and mission. I'd like to sell the book with the proceeds going to pay back the church for the ticket. The rest of the earnings would go to the mission or activity covered. Then again, with all this mess going on in England, flying may be next to impossible.

I'd like to know any ideas you may have. Time is short. Any interesting ideas of what to cover or where to go?

Let me know

Marc S
    Gear - 7D, 5Dii, many lenses , much stuff.
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2006
    I have an idea
    Get in touch with Yuri and go shoot all those Voronezh ladies with him.mwink.gif
    I'm positive the book will sell like hot cakes :D
    Just make sure you don't get married there - very bad idea...rolleyes1.gif

HTH
    "May the f/stop be with you!"