Options

Windpumps

maverickmaverick Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
edited November 19, 2004 in Holy Macro
I enjoy taking pics of these monstrocities as you will find them in the most unusual places.

windpomp_13.jpg

These were taken around Prince Albert in the Cape Province of South-Africa.

Enjoy!
Maverick Disclaimer: This thread is intended for the use of the individual addressee(s)named above and may contain information that is confidential privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humour or irrational religious beliefs.

Comments

• Options
    edited November 16, 2004
    Another one or two..

windpomp_9.jpg

Not the best of weather and Nikon coolpix not my favourite camera

windpomp_15.jpg
    Maverick Disclaimer: This thread is intended for the use of the individual addressee(s)named above and may contain information that is confidential privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humour or irrational religious beliefs.
  • Options
    photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2004
    maverick wrote:
    Another one or two..

Not the best of weather and Nikon coolpix not my favourite camera

Could you take them without the clutter around? I like the shape of the windmills, but the context they are in is very distracting.
    Keep trying! I would like to see some master shots of windmills
  • Options
    edited November 17, 2004
    photocat wrote:
    Could you take them without the clutter around? I like the shape of the windmills, but the context they are in is very distracting.
    Keep trying! I would like to see some master shots of windmills
    Pretty new to this so would think you pointing to the fact that the main focal point should be the windpump and not so much the scenery/sky/clutter around it? Will try next time when I go to SA from another anglemwink.gif

Thanks for the tip!
  • Options
    edited November 18, 2004
    maverick wrote:
    Pretty new to this so would think you pointing to the fact that the main focal point should be the windpump and not so much the scenery/sky/clutter around it? Will try next time when I go to SA from another anglemwink.gif

Thanks for the tip!

depends on what the scenery is. If the windmill is placed in a nice landscape with a romantic house next to it, I would include the surroundings.
    If it is a bleak and pale landscape, or totally cluttered in a bad way, I would shoot against the sun, so I have the silhouette. You have to decide wether you like the background or not...
  • Options
    MainFraggerMainFragger Registered Users Posts: 563 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2004
    Hey...
    Set your camera to burst at a shutter speed to 1/2000, and rename yourself Don Clickote!
  • Options
    PerezDesignGroupPerezDesignGroup Registered Users Posts: 395 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2004
    Set your camera to burst at a shutter speed to 1/2000, and rename yourself Don Clickote!
    That's hilarious. :D
    Canon Digital Rebel | Canon EOS 35mm | Yashica Electro GSN | Fed5B | Holga 35 MF

• Options
    edited November 19, 2004

rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
    That is the funniest thing I heard in a Looooonnngggg time... rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited November 19, 2004
    photocat wrote:
    rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
    That is the funniest thing I heard in a Looooonnngggg time... rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
    Don't encourage me! My sense of humor is deadly! Some of my puns have been known to have been so bad that they make people's brains shut down and go into a coma! I'm NOT kidding! I'm dangerous! Remember Monty Python's bit The Killing Joke? It can happen! Seriously! I'm brutal with that!

MainFragger :roll
  • Options
    mgoundmgound Registered Users Posts: 108 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2004
    Too funny! I'm still laughing as I write this. (now go clean your room and file your receipts):D :D
    Land on your right foot. Don't forget it!
  • Options
    edited November 19, 2004
    Some of my puns have been known to have been so bad that they make people's brains shut down and go into a coma!
    Mmmm yes I am expierencing a bit of that at the moment, your'e just a funny guy ain't youumph.gif
  • Options
    edited November 19, 2004
    maverick wrote:
    Mmmm yes I am expierencing a bit of that at the moment, your'e just a funny guy ain't youumph.gif
    Cool! I love it when that happens! clap.gif
    Don't worry...I love it when people groan, and I'm just getting started! :D